Happy Turkey Day... 🦃

… to all of you in the US and expats!

(Will have a European turkey with friends this weekend also :smile:)

10 Likes

Are they metric?
…or sleeker designed?
…or just look like an actual turkey vs the genetically engineered big breasted mutant monstrosity birds we get here?

5 Likes

They are mostly harder to get over here - fewer turkey farms :laughing:

1 Like

Happy turkey day!

So I gave in and made the turkey. I dry brined it for 4 days and Spatchcock it for maximum crispiness, :joy:. I came to the restaurant to do all of this because it’s easier to cook and clean haha.

So Honey glazed ham
Turkey with sage sausage stuffing and sage sausage gravy
Korean braised short ribs Kalbi Jib
Not gonna lie Imma load up on Tryptophan and sleep til tomorrow, :rofl:

14 Likes

Looks awesome!! One of my friends always wants to deep fry the turkey in peanut oil… but we never let him :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Why not? Peanut oil is awesome!

3 Likes

They enjoy nothing better than trash talking North American turkeys over a very very small coffee in a thimble sized cup.

7 Likes

But it’s a mess :joy:

1 Like

While listening to opera!

6 Likes

Happy Turkey Day everyone!

6 Likes

I do smoked BBQ dry rub spatchcock chickens all the time. Love em. Will need to try a turkey!

4 Likes

But then you don’t get no stuffing, which - when done right - is pretty much the best part of it all :wink:

2 Likes

It takes a few tries to get it right as turkey has much bigger bones and the wishbone is near impossible to take out the first time, lol. I love the even cooking and it takes half the time to cook, I use convection oven so it only took about 1 hour and 40 minutes to cook.

I’ve never had any success cooking turkey whole with stuffing in it, plus the stuffing needs to be at least the same weight as turkey to be able to feed everyone, lol. :joy:

5 Likes

:turkey: Gobble Gobble :turkey:

Happy Thanksgiving Everybody!

6 Likes

I never stuff a bird, ever.

1. takes longer to cook
  2. soggy stuffing

We also cook ours in an oven bag.
A 30lb turkey without an oven bag and stuffed would need to start cooking the day after Halloween. :jack_o_lantern: :poultry_leg:

4 Likes

30 pounds! That’s like two Peavey T-40’s

4 Likes

Yes, well, hence the “when done right” part :wink:

Haha, OK, ours aren’t in that league… and also: instead of an oven bag, you need to wrap the bird in bacon and aluminum foil and only take that off for the final hour or so :yum:

3 Likes

Yeah oven bag is godsend. Since I’ve been cooking them in 2D instead of 3D, I haven’t had to worry about much. I start at low temp then crank it the last 20 minutes.

Also agree with cooking the stuffing inside, it’s a soggy mess, the stuffing is supposed to jiggle when it come out of the oven, the only way to get that is to bake it separately.

3 Likes

What you all call a “soggy mess” is the best part of Turkey Day

3 Likes

This also sounds like an awful jam band name from the 70s

5 Likes