Headphone Amp Suggestions

I do NOT recommend the Vox. It is fragile; it hisses; if your jack is on the edge of the body it will smack your leg/desk/chair and break.

4 Likes

I broke mine within a week of owning it :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I bought a Vox when I first started, a year and a half ago. Once I got a Zoom B1Four the Vox went in a drawer.

Recently I had a use for it and discovered it wouldn’t power up. I assumed dead batteries and installed fresh ones and . . . still dead.

:-1: on the Vox.

2 Likes

Good luck!

1 Like

Hey All!

Thank you again for all the assistance. It was helpful and I learned a lot about headphone amps!

I decided to go with the Zoom B1 Four!

No one had anything negative to say about the product and it is reasonably priced!

Thanks!

9 Likes

I think you made a good choice. I’ve owned a vox that hissed real bad and broke real quick… but I use my B1Four all the time! Its a drum machine, multi effects pedal, looper pedal and headphone jack all in a small battery powered packag. It is endless fun. Hopefully he appreciates it.

4 Likes

6 Likes

Good choice!

A few things to know:

The headphones plug into the output jack, which is a 1/4" TRS connector. If the headphones have the smaller 3.5 mm plug, an adapter will be needed. These are cheap and readily available - in fact many headphones come with them.

The B1 Four may be powered by batteries (4 x AA), computer via micro-USB, or with an AC adapter. Batteries are included, the AC adapter must be purchased separately.

When using batteries, the unit is turned on by inserting the cable from the bass into the input jack. It is important to unplug this when not in use to avoid quickly killing the batteries.

8 Likes

To clarify: any power adapter with a micro USB connector (i.e. a phone charger) will do. Almost everyone will have one of those lying around somewhere.

5 Likes