Headphone amps for practice

You can put a Bluetooth adapter on the B1 four aux port and eliminate the wire. They are cheap on Amazon.

I have both the NUX plug in amp and the B1 four and like them for different reasons.
I think the sound on the B1 four is much better, and I like the tuner onboard. Agree its a bit more of a pain.

The NUX is a lot more convenient but I drain the battery in a practice session easily (and had to run in to get my B1 four.
I use them to practice outside on the patio.

2 Likes

Ok I will look into that thanks… The nux mighty air has 18 hours play time and is rechargeable by usb. There may be room in my life for both though like you… Someone said they werent into the effects on the air but thats not what I would be buying it for specifically although it would be nice if they were good.

1 Like

Oh, I have the NUX Mighty amplug, sorry.

Just looked at the air, these are same effects in the mighty plug, not great. B1 four effects are much better, amp sims beyond better

2 Likes

To be honest it would be just the ease of being able to practice fairly wire and cable free… It is a bit pricey for the effects not to be as good though.

I just ordered the Zoom B1FourX today cant wait so wehn I go the cottage I can bring it and not have to lug my Ampeg around and still get my practicing and my lessons in

3 Likes

Sounds familiar.
Same reason I bought it.
You’ll love it - Just don’t spend all your practice time playing with the effects :wink:

3 Likes

I won’t effects are cool to noodle with but this whole thing started with me looking at Boss TU-3 chromatic tuner and then thinking I will need a metronome or drum machine, something to play along to and work on my tempo and then I thought might not be bad idea to have a headphone amp so when I go away for the weekend I can still play at the cottage or wherever. So figured this will be an all in solution the effects and looper are just bonus which is the opposite of why people would buy this multi effect pedal lol

2 Likes

I went the same route except I purchased the Behringer TU300 inline tuner instead of the Boss TU-3, for a fraction of the price.

Check out the istroboSoft app for phones.
IMHO this is ALMOST a replacement for the Zoom B1x Four and only cost me $50 in Canada with the iRig 2 interface. I do my own setups on my Guitars, Bass and Ukuleles and primarily purchased the app for the strobe tuner, which usually costs several hundred dollars at least and is a lot more accurate than the clip on tuners.

I am sure you will love the Zoom B1X Four.
Good luck.

2 Likes

I figured I dont need a Boss Tuner not for now anyway…thanks for the insight!

1 Like

I had a Tu-2 and it was great, but really iStroboSoft is a better tuner, as long as you use it with a cable.

1 Like

Same here with the Behringer TU300 inline tuner.
Gotta love that strobe :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

I picked one up a few months ago and the one I had was terrible. Very noisy and the preset kept changing on its own every 90 seconds or so. Each time it switched it nearly blew my ears.

I tried contacting the place where i ordered they told me to get better power supply so I did same problem. I contacted darkglass they sent me a troubleshooting page from the manual. My follow up email was ignored. That’s the last darkglass product I’d buy. What a shame!

5 Likes

I got it yesterday works with the adapter does not work with batteries conttacted Zoom directly they asked a few questions via email then referred to a third party call centre…

1 Like

Sorry to hear that.
Where did you buy it?

1 Like

only store that was opened, Amazon LOL I dont think I would ever use it with batteries anyway

2 Likes

Mine works with batteries but it eats them. I use usb or a power adapter.

You undoubtedly already know this, but when using batteries it is plugging something into the input jack that turns the unit on.

2 Likes

Right but but you paid for something that was 100% operational.
Silly question but did you check that the batteries were good?

I just looked on Amazon.ca and these units are sold and shipped by Amazon.
You could call Amazon direct and talk to them.

If you are willing to accept it the way it is they will usually give you up to a 30% credit on future purchases and send you a replacement. If not they will probably cover the return shipping. Worth a try.

3 Likes

Good point.
I only use mine with a power adapter.

The same is true for an active Bass.
If you are not using it UNPLUG

4 Likes

Yes, I tried two separate cables my fender cable and my generic nadda

Yes Amazon is great at customer service I might give them a call. But before I do I will try with USB which will be needed when I use this as a MIDI

1 Like