Headphone question

Hi, guys.

I’m fairly new to bass and would like to purchase my very first set of headphones. I’m on a pretty tight budget and don’t have a lot of money.

I’m hoping that headphones will help me improve my playing so that I can be more critical about my progress and help improve my technique.

My question is what are your thoughts
On the following headset for a newbie bass player:

AKG Pro Audio K240 STUDIO Over-Ear, Semi-Open, Professional Studio Headphones
Brand: AKG

TYSM!!!

2 Likes

These headphones are mentioned quite a couple of times on the forums, and people that own them tend to like them. The search function is your friend:

Remember that you’ll still need some kind of amp to plug your headphones into!

4 Likes

Hi there!

I have Superlux HD-681 headphones for ~$25, they are fine, too. To my ears, they sound a bit bright, but you could replacement ear pads ($10) and would remedy that. My new DI sounds rather muffled on the mono channel anyway, so I wear them as is. :slight_smile:

Hope this helps,
Antonio

3 Likes

ProAudioStar has an open box deal for about half the price
https://www.proaudiostar.com/akg-k240-studio-used-customer-return.html?utm_source=Google_Shopping&gclid=CjwKCAjw_uGmBhBREiwAeOfsd3fM9Jja2nVBNhao6t67bTnGD2qtPEu-W92ou-Bhv63OuK71eAwq9hoCeqEQAvD_BwE

2 Likes

Cool!

Plus, first-time buyers can get a 15% discount on top of that price. Great deal for someone.

2 Likes

That’s a good price; sadly the small print says no you don’t get 15% on top for that item.

1 Like

@sudha.priber - The AKG K240’s will be great! Good affordable monitors, go for it.

@Barney those are my JBL monitors (305 P-II) in that pic, funny coincidence :slight_smile:

2 Likes

TYSM!!!
I just ordered them!!!
:grinning::grin::laughing::grinning:

2 Likes

TY!!!
I really appreciate the info.
This forum has to be the most helpful!!!