Headphones in $60-$80 price range?

Hey, I have an amplug2 headphone amp and the headphones that came with them are not very good with the low end. My bass gets distorted very easily. There are so many options/knockoffs out there on Amazon, I am not sure what to get to replace them. I am looking at spending about $60-$80 spacebucks.

2 Likes

I have the ~$30 Behringer headphones off of a coworker’s recommendation and they sound/work great for the price. Looks like they have a nicer model at the bottom of your price range.

If you don’t know Behringer they have a reputation for a high quality to price point ratio. I’ve only ever used one of their products and would recommend!

1 Like

I use AKG K240 Studio headphones and like them a lot. $67 on Amazon.

3 Likes

Samson SR850. These things play whatever you push to them.

1 Like

I recently purchased the Audio-Technica ATH-M40X and very happy with them. Great sound, good low end and very comfortable.

2 Likes

@joeike

I 2nd the AKG 240 recommendation!
I tried a couple of others that I was not crazy about. I use these for practicing /recording and also mixing.

Had these for a couple of years and they check all the boxes for me. Sound amazing, extra long cable, and don’t get my head too hot after 30 minutes.

1 Like

I also have these - great sound and very comfortable to wear for extended periods.

1 Like