Headphones for People Deaf in One Ear

@langanconsult I went ahead and started a new topic for this.

Can you tell us what you have already?
Would bone conduction headphones solve this?
Would an adapter/converter that turns a stereo signal into a mono signal solve the problem so you could you any headphones you want?

2 Likes

@langanconsult something like this maybe?

Or this:
https://avantree.com/for-hearing-impaired/for-single-sided-deafness
A Dutch company called Stereo4one used to make headphones for people with SSD, but I’m not sure if they are still in business… Couldn’t find their website, and their Twitter page has been silent for almost ten years. The headphones are still available from some web shops in The Netherlands. I couldn’t find one that offers any information in English, so I’ll just link a page in Dutch. Let me know if you’d like to know more or if you need any help with this:

3 Likes

Thanks mate!

I actually have the Yunis, which are great in concept, but the 3D printing is rough and fragile. I use them, but with kid gloves, and worry about longevity…

I’ll check out the Dutch ones. I used to live and work in Hilversum - it’s been a while, but I can probably still work it out…

Thanks again Mike - it’s much appreciated!

Cheers
Mark

3 Likes

Hey Eric

I use the Yunis, which work, and are a lifesaver, but are so rough and fragile I worry about how long they’ll last. It’s too bad, because it’s a great concept and made a huge difference in how I hear sound.

Hmm…Bone conduction? Hadn’t thought of that, and will definitely check it out.

I’d be interested in turning a stereo signal to mono as well. It would be nice to be able to use quality headphones, and probably lends itself more to bass - which may explain why I always gravitated to it.

Thanks mate - much appreciated!

3 Likes