How did trying bass become this?

So I’ve heard people say one is not enough but I shrugged it off. But since starting B2B over 2 years ago & also taking lessons in person, I can’t explain how my one 1st bass & practice amp turned into this?

26 Likes

Bass is an obsession for me as well. I have 7 basses and am looking for another one as I type. I haunt Reverb, Ebay and TalkBass classifieds on a daily basis. I also have 4 amps, cases for the basses, strings galore, effects processors and all the MusicNomad tools and kits it takes to keep them in tip-top shape. I think within the last year I have bought a new bass on the average of once every two months. But it could be worse. I could be a meth head spending my money on that or at least that is what I tell my long suffering new little wife.

6 Likes

GAS!

6 Likes

I hope to get like that some days. Congrats.

This is me then I started (restarted at the beginning of Covid-19’s. At that point I only have that and 6 others in the storage, lol.

14 Likes

If once you start down the bass path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume your wallet it will

10 Likes

Is that a Zoom Bass on the back right? (Best lolly ever, btw!)

3 Likes

My wife only sees them after a while & turns a blind eye to it but I like your reasoning. :laughing:

4 Likes

That’s a nice bass

3 Likes

I’m doing the same thing! I had 7 basses, and came up with the idea that 4 is actually the magic number. Not too many, not to few, just right to cover all desired sounds. I just sold one on Reverb, and started looking for it’s replacement even before I received my payout. What is wrong with me? My wife does not give me any hassle over this, but she does think I am a little crazy…

8 Likes

13 Likes

Ha, I used to joke with her that it was the same bass, but I just got it painted. Then she asked one day if it was difficult to route out larger holes to replace the jazz pickups with humbuckers… :lying_face:

14 Likes

FYI - in the US of A, these are red white and Uncle Sam blue, and are callled…Bomb Pops! Cause, you know, we are good at blowing things up.

5 Likes

I think I can….

14 Likes

Wow that’s a lot. A whole lot of basses.

4 Likes

Paging @Al1885 - show him ‘a whole lot of basses’ please.

6 Likes

13 Likes

Ok a few only please, lol. I don’t wat to scare him just yet. That’s future him next year, lol.

18 Likes

That is so cool that you live at Guitar Center!

18 Likes

Oh, much, much better than Guitar Center.

That there is a bona fide fine bass collection curated by a very knowledgeable bass aficionado.

9 Likes

You can’t blame just the bass. That’s a nice PA you have there in addition to the bass amp. At least it looks like a PA :slight_smile:

What do you run in to that?

2 Likes