I betrayed Bass and bought a Guitar!

actually the British green would be more the Fender Sherwood Green I think :slight_smile: the Race Green is lighter and more blueish

2 Likes

The solution is obviously to play fingerstyle :laughing:

I hate rhythm guitar, strumming chords is just so boring. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

@Al1885 a friendly reminder to show your HB strat. Now you have a reason to unpack :relieved:

2 Likes

Looks great, can’t wait!

1 Like

Lol, Pics or it didn’t happened.

7 Likes

Sweet! Looks pretty good too. What kind of pickups are that?

1 Like

I believe they are vintage profile. It feels pretty good, a little fret sprout to take care off but every thing else feels really premium.

3 Likes

Love that pick guard!

2 Likes

So here is a demo of the different pickups on the Race Green Strat. I think that the middle pickup might be a little bit too high but I like it a lot, just a little setting. Not so sure about the bridge pickup, it’s an excellent pickup but it sounds a bit too thin to me. I will probably release yet another video to compare it with my Esquire to show the difference.

Also I start with a very light crunch (gain at 2/10) and finish a bit higher (gain at 4/10). About 4/10 is kind of typical of my amp setting, I can do all my post-rock things and still clean up with the attack and the volume pot.

Also it’s recorded with my smartphone in one shot, and the master volume was pretty low on the amp (1.5/10) … so, yeah, keep those parameters in mind … :slight_smile:

Please feel free to comment !

5 Likes

Sounds great. The neck is much less bell-like than I was expecting for it to be, it sounds a bit different than I normally think of a Strat neck. I like it better actually.

Another thing I didn’t expect was that I liked the middle pickup the best. That’s never been the case for me before with a Strat.

2 Likes

Yeah currently the middle pickup is my favorite too. I like middle pickups on Strats, but this Rio is kinda wild :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Something about the neck seemed a little flatter than a usual Strat neck. Less chimey, to use the cliche term. But it kind of tamed it nicely with that level of crunch.

BTW, I literally fear your amp. If it was doing that at 1.5… :rofl:

2 Likes

yeah it’s violent :smiley:

2 Likes

Here is another cut where the goal is to compare the bridge pickup on the Strat (FBS custom Alnico 2) to the middle pickup (Rio Grande Halfbreed) and to the pickup of my Squier FSR Esquire Classic Vibe 50, which sounds and behaves very much like what we expect from a 50’s Tele.

6 Likes

Wow, the Squier really holds its own there. Sounded great.

Still liking the middle pickup on the strat a lot.

4 Likes

That’s a gorgeous Green for sure. It would aged even more beautiful. It sounds like a Strats so you are safe there, lol.

That’s a nice Tele setup only bridge pickup. Very Southern Rock and a little of country.

1 Like

I rebuilt the space ship yesterday. Not that there isn’t still plenty of overlap, but I eliminated a couple of pedals, changed a few out and did some dialing in. Been sick for a week and haven’t been able to play anywhere. Waste of my vacation but it was a still a break from work. Hopefully get to play it out next week and see if all my mental concepts work live. Today will be a little cable management underneath to call it done.

This may belong in a different thread but since this is guitar specific I thought it best to share here with the other Heathen.

4 Likes

Here we go again. Talked him down pretty far. I can see a big brass trem block inside and I’m pretty sure the pickups are already upgraded. I’ll get under the hood tonight to see what’s what but I love me a good Pacifica. There might be a pair of EMG 81/85s waiting to go in it.

7 Likes

Such a great line.

1 Like

Not new, I bought it in 2018 I think? But it’s been at my friend’s house since around October 2019 and I just brought it back home :smile:

9 Likes