10 Likes

Love your bass @StefanK,
Cheers Brian

9 Likes

Well done mate :+1:

9 Likes

Yahooooooooooooo!!! Awesome, great job

9 Likes

Donā€™t be too harsh with you, Stefan, as everyone is saying, we were or will be there. Sometimes is complicated and thatā€™s it, what you have to do is make gap to come back when youā€™ll be ready. I am pretty sure I am not speaking for others, playing bass but for me is just a hobby, of course I would like to be very good on it but you need to find the fun of it. Enjoy Stefan and again, donā€™t be hard on you.

9 Likes

Stefank itā€™s been a year since I stopped practice , Iā€™m in the same situation , I am starting over and will practice each course over and over again . I have too many basses to stop now

11 Likes

Welcome @jersimmonsā€¦ and welcome back to practicing and playing bass.

6 Likes

Thanks PamPurrS Iā€™m all in this time around too many basses and getting older . Iā€™ve followed your progress on the forum over the last couple of years and I am so envious keep up the good work .

8 Likes

Welcome to the community @jersimmons!

6 Likes

Welcome back @jersimmons,
Your basses have been waiting patiently for you all this time, they are full of energy just waiting to be cuddled show they can share their love :heartbeat: with you.
Enjoy the ride.
Cheers Brian

6 Likes

If it is your passion, it will never be too late to start it again. Even if you are afraid of you donā€™t know how to play, itā€™s nothing compare to your strong willing.

6 Likes

Iā€™m in the same boat.

Iā€™d taken the course with the motivation to get good enough to jam and find people to play with.
Then with lock-downs and social distancing jamming with people is not really a thing and with that goal taken away my motivation just slowly tailed off. :cry:

6 Likes

Hey there @infra,
Things will change and we will get our lives backšŸ‘
Until that happens, maybe a good way to stay motivated is find a couple of songs you really enjoy and try learning them :+1: play along with them, improvise to include your own fills etc
Hope these ideas keep you heading in the right direction :sunglasses:
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

@infra I feel this too.

Finding motivation is hard for a lot of us right now. I keep having to remind myself this is an opening to keep improving my fundamentals till things get back to normal. That ends up being a tough sell on even my best days.

Feeling like I needed more structure to keep things moving forward, I bought Ariane Capā€™s book Music theory for the Bass Player. Sometimes It helps to see the information presented from a different view point. Itā€™s already helping me.

Going back through B2B again is a really good idea unless youā€™ve already done it or you started with substantial knowledge prior to the course. There is so much information in there, I could easily do it a third time and still feel like Iā€™ll get more out of it. The more I learn, the more I realize how deep B2B really is.

Another option would be going through the videos linked hereā€¦ BassBuzz YouTube Video Guide. There is so much new and supporting information here, you could make a second course out of just going through it all and seeing how much you can get out of it. If you feel like you need a reminder the related Module will get you up to speed.

Good luck. Let us know if thereā€™s anything else we can do to help.

7 Likes

Try recording a few covers and putting them up on here @infra.
The recording thing has really given me some drive although getting them posted is another story :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

5 Likes

We will get you up and running @Mac in no time, now we are allowed to travel 25klms from home under dictator Dans new COVID rulesšŸ¤”

4 Likes

Cool :sunglasses: look forward to it :+1:

2 Likes

I started playing bass in high school in 1969. Played in a couple bands after awhile. Then went into the Navy in 1972 and stopped playing. Now Iā€™m back to playing along with Joshā€™s lessons. Ready to get back to playing, just donā€™t know where to look for people to play with. Used to play rock. Now prefer country.

4 Likes

Is Dictator Dan an elected official? If so, when is the next election?

2 Likes

Not soon enough @PamPurrs.
He hasnā€™t harmed my source of income ( if I was working) as he has kept his pet construction projects on course but with his Covid-19 restrictions and allowing massive Chinese investment Via loans within Victoriaā€™s infrastructure he is a great concern.
Unfortunately I am not a citizen yet and as such I have no right to vote !

3 Likes