I just couldn’t say no ( Motörhead memorabilia )

This year marks the 40th anniversary of the release of Motörhead’s album “ Ace of Spades “
and to mark it a box set has been released featuring all sorts of stuff relating to the band and it’s history.
It’s taken me a good couple of hours to track one down so I felt obligated to press the add to cart button :joy:
Now I believe I need to buy a deck and speakers :flushed::face_with_hand_over_mouth:

13 Likes

I hope i can get it eventually. If funds weren’t so tight at the moment I would for sure have to get it. I just bought a set of Motorizer headphones last year and a set of nylon picks, but now I need that box set so I can put both to use and jam out some licks from Lem as loud as the amp can go! :rofl: :+1: :+1:

7 Likes

I looked at the picks las night @Mao but as I’m using something very similar already piglet picks) I couldn’t bring myself to buy them . I am very gifted at loosing picks :joy:

7 Likes

I mostly got them because they were 6 dollars and came with the tin :rofl: and I use the tin to keep all my picks in one of my cases. but I do lose picks, usually while trying to play with them and getting infuriated. tossing them on the work bench going out for a smoke and coming back and forgetting about it.

5 Likes

Mine regularly get a wash in the washing machine, chewed by the puppy, put somewhere safe out of said pups way etc etc :joy:
The strap for the Ibanez SR came with a little pouch thing which holds three thick picks and is tied to the bottom of the strap. Great idea if you can remember it’s there :joy:

5 Likes

Fortunate for me I avoid picks as much as I can. but any time I play any motorhead I do my best to try and make use of them for the sake of it. But before its all said and done I’m back to thumb and index for hitting the chords. someday though. someday. :angry:

5 Likes

I’m the same @Mao. The pick seems very alien to me which is a major turnaround from 5-6 months ago . The chords are fun in Motörhead especially hitting the right strings :joy:

5 Likes

Not Loud Enough!!!
Turn it up, Louder then Loud!!!

4 Likes

I got that tin too. Back when I was getting gear for my first bass set up and just getting into playing to YT videos, about a month before B2B.
Come to find out, I don’t even play with picks. LOL
But that means I keep more LEMMY picks and Lose less, so that is a good thing. Ha Ha

4 Likes

Everything louder than everything else :spades:

3 Likes

A new addition to the collection was purchased last night :flushed:

7 Likes

Nice addition.

4 Likes

I’ve got big plans for a music room when things play out as expected and I thought this and a few album covers would look good on the wall @T_dub

5 Likes

Lemmy was a stand-up guy.

9 Likes

There’s a podcast at the moment where there’s a couple of guys talking about Lemmy and he really does sound like a good ordinary bloke wth his own set of values along with a wicked sense of humour.
It’s really good listening and good to hear as there are a fair few arse holes amongst the rock fraternity ( and I do speak from personal experience)
I wasn’t aware that he was exceptionally well read and enjoyed lively discussions on a wide range of topics.
The video you posted @howard was the answer to a question on a radio show which Lemmy began to answer but said he would deal with later. Hence the video.

3 Likes

That’s what I understand from reading his autobiography. It’s really a good read :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

White line fever? @Krescht

I’m just waiting on getting my copy through the mail :joy:

1 Like

Yes, that one. Really fun and full of anecdotes :grin:

2 Likes

Cool :sunglasses:
I’m looking forward to getting it but the way the post is working it’ll be New Year before I get my greasy hands on it :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::joy:

1 Like

Just buy the e-book as well. You’ll have a nice, unused and shiny paper copy for your library :sweat_smile:

2 Likes