I just did something!

I have a Boss GT1-B on the way from Sweetwater along with the power supply and carrying bag. Due by the 21st. I am so excited. My older Zoom is still a good effects box, but I just wanted something a little better (I think)…I will still use the Zoom for the drum machine. I don’t think the Boss has that. This is the one I got

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/GT1B--boss-gt-1b-bass-multi-effects-processor

2 Likes

Hey @EddieJones we have a super long GAS thread already running where people can post up new gear. This might make sense to be posted there.
That’s a nice little unit for the money.

2 Likes

Maybe I can move it over there!

1 Like
1 Like

Congratulations and enjoy! :wink:

I have a Zoom B2.1X, but decided to bypass it and amplify it without effects.

Yes - the drum loops of zoom are pretty nice. :beers:

2 Likes

Damn…I wish mine had a carry bag and the adapter…I had to buy mine separately. I’m taking it to work today and play around with it, along with my Ibanez Mikro and my keyboard.

1 Like

I did as I said and brought the Mikro, my Rumble15, my EV5 pedal and the GT-1B to work and tried them out…that’s seriously cool. I’m still playing around with it but so far I love the thing.

1 Like

TalkBass has a discussion thread about the GT-1B that gives so many tips on maximizing it’s features. I have been reading a lot on it to be ahead of the game when it arrives.

1 Like

I have been enjoying my GT-1B quite a lot (minus the tuner). I especially like the BOSS Tone Studio (Mac or PC app) to configure the board and use a BOSS TU-6 to set up the board as a stomp pedal system. If you are an android user and want to use a mobile app to play around with it lookup KatanaMan in the app store. Makes the whole setup very portable.

Enjoy

1 Like

Well, Fedex got my package as far as Nashville on the 20th and appears to have lost it. It was supposed to be here on Monday but now it is in “Pending” status. Sweetwater is doing what they can but I guess I just have to be patient and hope it show up sometime soon.

Nice! I recently ordered the Tech21 Bass Fly Rig v2 :sunglasses: Multi-effects pedals seem like a lot of fun

1 Like

Well, I think my original FedEx package was tossed into a ravine not far from here along with about 400 more packages (was in the news). Driver didn’t feel like delivering them. Sweetwater sent my package right back out and it is on the truck for delivery today.

1 Like

It finally arrived. Wife snapped pictures of the package and has hooked it up (I hope she did it right). Anyway, here is the new Boss GT1-B with case and power supply.

5 Likes

Have fun playing around with it @EddieJones ! I did last Saturday and it’s really cool

The one they originally sent is at the bottom of a ravine. FedEx driver did not feel like delivering his packages and tossed about 400 of them into a ravine about 30 miles from me. They are currently cleaning up his mess.

That’s sad…and people say too many postal workers do stuff like that…I’ve had nothing but problems with delivery by FedEx lately…delays, missing tracking data, you name it. I sure hope the guy lost his job.

I got the replacement the day after Thanksgiving. It is awesome and the sounds within it are really clean and fat. The only downside is my Zoom has a rhythm machine so I simply put the Zoom into the input of my Ampeg B108 to do the metronome/drum machine. Plug the Boss into my Gallien Kruger main amp along with the bass. Works like a charm. The edits on the Boss are so easy anyone, even a tard like me, can work it.