I thought that was an always on thing?

6 Likes

Thanks Jesse, I say we bombard him with a high dose of B2B love

6 Likes

Does that say “Tobin Wood”?

5 Likes

Yes. Yes it does.

5 Likes

Huh. I didn’t know his name was “Tobin”.

5 Likes

Thanks @Reasonably_Happy

5 Likes

I think I’m gonna make some “I Miss Toby” stickers on the wife’s Cricut this weekend.

6 Likes

I might put a T sticker on my bass

6 Likes

Orange… Of course.

5 Likes

I figure as i got some loose money I’ll send him. He can get some commissary. Jail food is is ass.

5 Likes

I believe there is a formal process to adding funds to his account. I’ll get some details this weekend.

6 Likes

Please hit me with that, if you would. And thank you.

5 Likes

I was wondering about that. Thanks!

5 Likes

You can go to the Santa Ana Jails website for info on what he can receive by mail (i.e., like most jails, no books, bass magazines, etc. unless DIRECT FROM PUBLISHER… know it before you do it).

Commissary guidelines (for those that asked about money on the books). The I.D. number provided by @Reasonably_Happy is the correct id # for deposit (226351).

• Inmates desiring to purchase items not provided to them can purchase items from Commissary.
  • Persons wishing to deposit funds into an inmate’s account may do so at the Santa Ana Jail Front Lobby. The Jail’s Front Lobby is open everyday 7:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and from 1:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. to assist the public.
  • Visitors may deposit United States currency, money orders, and cashiers checks to an inmate’s account. Cashiers checks, and money orders must be made out to the City of Santa Ana. Personal or business checks are not accepted.
  • These funds are available for the inmate to use the day after they are placed on the inmate’s account.
  • Possession of monies by an inmate is forbidden.
  • Funds may not be transferred from the account of one inmate to the account of another inmate.
  • Cashiers checks and money orders may also be sent to the inmate by mail for deposit into the inmate’s account. Annotate the booking number on the reference line of the check or money order.
  • Inmates receive a receipt of each account transaction.
  • Funds may be added via internet through: touchpaydirect.com (using our Facility ID: 192701 and the inmate/detainee Jail ID number).
  • Fund may be added via telephone through Touch Pay: [(866) 232-1899](tel: 18662321899)

One last note by me: Again, I am only posting this to answer the question re: sending him money. For those who don’t feel safe providing credit/banking info online or over the phone, you can send a money order or cashiers check in his mail, but it MUST BE made out to the Santa Ana Jail and have his booking number on it. I think that number differs from the ID # above. you can call for that (714-245-8100). They answer quick and are friendly.

Another Note (because I tend to overthink things); Remember money on the books is available the next day. For those sending letters, remember what @Reasonably_Happy posted: "… He may be there for another week or a few more months. Kinda depends on the next court date. " Not trying to discourage mail (I’m sure he desperately needs it) but remember a letter might have to chase him around, so keep that in mind as time passes.

12 Likes

@booker_t , Thanks for posting that.

Do you know, If funds are transferred to that facility ID and detainee ID and Toby is subsequently moved to another facility, do the funds still get to him and move with him to the new facility?

4 Likes

I “think” inmates can have about $500 on the books, so I’m sure that a lot of inmates are moved/released with money on the books. Touchpay says, “Once a deposit has been made successfully, TouchPay can no longer refund, reverse or change the transaction”, so that would have to be a jail process. I’d call the jail number I put above, and wait for the option to talk directly to the jail/records. I used it earlier to confirm his id number posted by @Reasonably_Happy for mail, would be the same number for commissary funds. Quick and easy,

6 Likes

Just realized you’re in Ireland. I called the jail. Money DOES NOT follow an inmate when transferred, only when released. So in this case, any money on Toby’s books would have to be requested by him, in a letter, when he reaches his new facility, and has the appropriate transfer information (at least 8-10 weeks). I’m not trying to discourage anyone, but I sent a card today and will wait until he’s situated to send funds. My hopes are that nearby family and friends can keep him going at his current location (funds can be deposited upon visits- and there is a weekly limit on commissary spending). I have the feeling that him trying to get his money from the current facility, after being transferred, will be a lengthy headache.

11 Likes

Thanks @booker_t, I really appreciate that!

7 Likes

Huge thanks to you for all your time and the detailed info you provided, @booker_t. :+1:

5 Likes

@booker_t thank you for all that big brother!!

5 Likes