I miss Toby

@booker_t , @Reasonably_Happy - thank you for all the legwork on this. Really good of both of you to put in the effort.

5 Likes

How long is Toby expected to be incarcerated for?

3 Likes

If I remember correctly, he managed to get the sentence “down” to 7 years, and might get out after 4 if everything goes as planned… I think those are the approximate numbers, but I might be a bit off…

5 Likes

Thank you for the reply. I kept wondering but never saw anybody mention it. Same as what he is in for for that length of sentencing.

2 Likes

Yeah, well, that is kinda hazy to me as well… if you have ever read any of Toby’s stories and recounting of events, you remember they are detailed, but not always linear. (They would make great stories for a book, but would need a good editor for streamlining :smile:)

That said, I think it was for possession of narcotica and - and I guess that was the mainly disputed part - intent to sell (which is why the sentence is fairly severe). Those are likely not the fully correct legal terms, but that’s the gist of it, as I have understood.

4 Likes

Here you go, @Celticstar and @joergkutter:

6 Likes

If you were to break my boy Toby down to one sentence, that was just about sum it up. Lol

10 Likes

:laughing: truth spoken. And i think he’d be nodding his head.

6 Likes

Spoke with our boy this morning! We’ve been playing phone tag because the location he’s in, the phone number is identified as a spam call on my lovely apple phone. Being active in the recovery community I have some friends inside and the calls normally say jail/prison. That aside he is doing quite well and wants to thank the couple of folks that sent him cards. One arrived the day before his birthday which made him feel very special! He is still in pre trial so after he gets settled in a more permanent location then we can send books and things. I miss my dude. He also wanted to make sure I was buying/selling/flipping in greater volume to make up for his absence. Lol. I’m trying!! More updates when I have them. May the orange bass be with you.

25 Likes

Thanks for the update Jessie!

10 Likes

I just received a letter from Toby. He wanted the following passed on to the forum. He says hello and misses you all. He’s “well,” and looking forward to the pending transfer, which will he says will allow “… a normal schedule, work, study, and best of all, get to put hands on instruments.”

Anything received can’t go with him, and will have to be picked up by family; as such, he says " … it’s best if I don’t get too much sent to me until after I get where I am going. After I arrive, I would love some books, bass photo’s for my wall. Hint. Hint."

@Mike_NL he said he got and really appreciated your “great card,” but they did not include the envelope/address, so he was unable to write you back. When he settles he will collect addresses and write. Until then, he ask that all of you, “…start on the Low End.”

24 Likes

Thank you @booker_t

8 Likes

Thanks for the update. I would love to send him a card. How would I get his mailing address? Is he at his “permanent” facility now?

7 Likes

Oh boy, this community is really extraordinary.

5 Likes

Pam, for now it’s still the address at the top of the thread (Jan 18th or so); however, that can change at any moment, and each moment is closer to changing. if you miss the closing window, your letter would not be forwarded. A “permanent” address should soon be available.

8 Likes

Yeah, I’m holding off until he gets his permanent digs. Then I’m thinking something like:

8 Likes

Amateur hour @howard you need to send him one of these. I have one in my truck under the back seat because it’s ‘useful’.

https://www.amazon.com/Milwaukee-2680-21P-Cordless-Grinder-48-11-1850/dp/B07H92KQHG

61D8bvuozrL.AC_SX466

10 Likes

Ahh yes good choice

7 Likes

Just dont forget to send it inside a cake, as is traditional.

8 Likes

Use that on my toenails. Works wonders.

7 Likes