I miss Toby

Any updates on this? Was wondering if Toby has been moved to a more permanent location by now.

5 Likes

@Reasonably_Happy (Jesse) is going to have a talk with Toby’s parents, so we should have an update soon.

5 Likes

Texted briefly with his mom yesterday. No updates or movement. Just time. I’m going to go see his folks this weekend I hope. He usually calls so I may get to talk to him briefly while I’m there.

13 Likes

It’s really good of you to stay on top of this. As for the address, I’ll need that because we’re replacing the 150a plasma cutter with a 200a, and i cannot think of a better hand-me-down location than Toby.

The question i have is-if we wanted to send money for his commissary account, would they carry over? I haven’t yet on account i was thinking it wouldn’t go right with him and he would need to wait for it? If you had any insight on this, it would be greatly appreciated. I’d like to get him some money. Things like good soap and snacks are critical in his position. I won’t say how i know, but the food sucks, and the provided soap and shampoo dries you out…

3 Likes

@booker_t looked into this and the complexities of getting his money transferred was a great big pain. I believe general consensus is to wait till he gets transferred to his long term location.

4 Likes

What was the decision on sending him the cordless grinder? I have a spare one in my shop.

7 Likes

it sounds like @autumnsdad1990 has upped the ante to a plasma cutter

5 Likes

Oh I see that now. It’s like Top Trumps. Plasma beats Grinder.

5 Likes

I’m no story topper, we are upgrading and i figure its better then the pawn shop or a storage unit-but it’s probably way cheaper to ship the grinder.

5 Likes

She said he’s become a reading maniac. Thought it was just a fluke distraction but he’s just pouring through them and keeping a record of what he’s read as well.
As soon as they have his semi-permanent location I’ll share. Anything we send beforehand won’t be able to transfer with him without the complications of Commie-fornia bureaucracy. Meaning he’ll never get it. The way this system picks and chooses who and how to be helpful is baffling to me.
It warms my heart to know he’s making the best of it and being productive.

8 Likes

Thank you for keeping us in the loop on our guy. I miss his wit, and his great attitude.

4 Likes

The first time I met Toby it was to buy a Zoom MS60B pedal from him. It was my youngest birthday weekend and we were headed out to eat and hang out together. Toby happened to be on the way. GAS is real. The pic above is my youngest, about to be 12 in a couple weeks, finally picking up bass and learning from BassBuzz videos in the living room. He doesn’t know we ordered his sunburst Ibanez Mikro this morning! He’ll outgrow it by Christmas I’m sure but he wants to play in jazz band next September when he starts Jr. High and I want the path to be as easy as possible. It’s the Ugly Stick in the meantime. Stoked to tell him next time we talk.

16 Likes

Too cool! Congrats to you and the budding Buzzer.

Josh strikes again!

6 Likes

Quick update on our brother… They’ve decided to shuffle the deck and move him around twice in the last week and currently is not in the State of California. I don’t believe this will be a long term but it’s a frustration for him I’m sure and his folks didn’t even know until they got a call this morning while they were on the way to visit him here!!!

Positive thoughts appreciated. Prayers if you’ve got ‘em. And don’t forget to pick up your bass and play because you have the ability to. Especially if it’s orange. Talkin’ to you @Wombat-metal :disguised_face::wink:

And apparently our voracious reader has managed 75 books at this point. More as the story unfolds. These are the days of our lives…

15 Likes

I will play the Tbass tonight

6 Likes

Thanks for the update. They sure are making his time harder than it should be.

7 Likes

Thanks for the update @Reasonably_Happy .

5 Likes

They call it diesel therapy. Keep bouncing you around and keep you on a bus. You might get your mail from August in December. Hopefully they’ll actually sort him and get him to his permanent facility soon.

5 Likes

Just got to speak with Toby. He’s not doing too bad. Calls are timed pretty short so we got in what we could. His ankle is still bothering him a bit. Also working diligently to get transferred back to Cali. His folks filed a hardship motion because of how inconvenient it is to go out there to visit with any regularity. He’s getting some email access soon and will send me what’s needed to create an account to communicate with him. He sends his best.

21 Likes

Thanks for the update, man.

5 Likes