I miss Toby

It’s okay, @booker_t, nobody expects you to fix this or anything. It just is what it is. The link you posted doesn’t work for me because I’m outside of the US. When I try to use services like Western Union, MoneyGram or TouchPayDirect, I obviously get different fields to fill out than someone in the US. It’s just frustrating for me, but none of this is your fault. We appreciate your efforts. It’s just one of those things.

3 Likes

@Mike_NL Didn’t think that at all, and not the message being conveyed. I just like to " address it, figure it out, and get it done…" International folks, direct message me when you’d like to send him a little something. Put your name (actual and/or forum) and I’d be happy to send the amount that you like, just at some point take care of an animal. I don’t need any proof of donation. If I can’t trust someone here, I’ll wish them horrible evil and infestation. You can email him and let him know it’s coming and I’ll do the same to let him know that it’s from the name provided.

3 Likes

Some update from Toby (T_dub), especially for those who remember Toby from many a long post on bass and life.

While he originally tried to get transferred from Arizona to CA to make it easier for his family to visit (his folks are close to 90, IIRC), he decided to stay put as he got the possibility to get involved in a program training dogs (which could be a valuable long-term “investment” for Toby). They have finally got the puppies a few weeks ago and started with the training.

I don’t know exactly what technical and administrative burdens needed to be overcome, but Toby got a photo with him and “his” puppy to his mom who sent it on to me. He asked me to share it with the forum along with his best regards:

Toby also mentioned they are slated to receive a few basses and he has plans to teach bass to anyone who is interested :joy: Good to hear he is keeping busy!!

Perhaps Jesse (@Reasonably_Happy) or Booker (@booker_t) have additional updates worth sharing!?

25 Likes

Toby’s story here on the forum happened before I joined. I love the support that you guys show for him. And those are two cools dogs! :hugs:

4 Likes

Thanks for updating us @joergkutter

Toby is looking great, everything considered.

4 Likes

twins :rofl:

4 Likes

I email Toby fairly regularly and he keeps me updated on the dogs and basses. I’ve tried to go down to visit him in Tucson, but they refuse to let me bring in my text-to-speech device, which is my only way to communicate since I lost my ability to speak. Nonetheless, Toby seems as content as possible, given his circumstances.

10 Likes

He’s a good guy that got caught up in a bad situation. He’ll be back.

4 Likes

Thanks for the updates @joergkutter and @PamPurrs!

5 Likes

Has anyone here been successful in sending money to Toby through Western Union? I’ve been trying to do it but have not been successful. We email each other back and forth and he has given me the instruction, but it is not working for me. It’s hard to keep up emailing him because it requires he has money in his account to use email.
If you have been successful, please tell me how you did it.
Thanks,
Pam

3 Likes

@booker_t might know

3 Likes

There appears to be a way to do it, but it requires I know the exact name of his facility and his inmate number. I’ve asked him but he is unable to respond due to lack of funds

2 Likes

I have been successful by setting up/using a MONEYGRAM account, not Western Union, and submitting money that way (https://www.moneygram.com/mgo/us/en/send/how-to-send-money/send-to-an-inmate/ ).
By using a credit card (which I have since cancelled for other reasons) they would charge a cash advance fee and a service fee for each transaction. I no longer send cash via credit card in my name (I experienced no security issue), but grocery or amazon bought online use visas/mastercards should work (as well as your own card if you choose. The info needed is:
MoneyGram:

To: 01012506Wood (no spaces or dashes)

Company Name: Federal Bureau of Prisons

City & State: Washington, DC

Receive Code: 7392

Beneficiary Line: Tobin Oliver Wood

I remember I had to sort of figure out what info went in which box on an entry or two (don’t recall which- but, all info was contained in the info above).

5 Likes

Thanks Booker

I have tried before with no luck, will try again

2 Likes

Any idea of how “long he could go” for 10$ ?

3 Likes

The options are:

Direct to bank account
Debit card deposit
Name and mobile number

Which one did you use?

2 Likes

Every little bit helps. Right now he dosesnt have any money in his account and is unable to even reply to my emails.

2 Likes

Well was just thinking: what does it cost to send a email for him?
Or what ever he needs money for - Ill go registre on the page and try to send him a days pay (need to convert from Dkr to $, but that should be around 625 dkr - should get him somewhere).

4 Likes

DAMMM - it needs a US adress !

3 Likes

It must’ve been to bank account (just by the process of elimination). I can’t recall that, but as I mentioned some of the boxes just had to be made to work with the provided info. Several transactions… they all worked.

4 Likes