If you had to pick one?

A very difficult and unrealistic question for all of us with MBD but if you had to pick one bass and that was all you were allowed what would it be?
( Reckon I already know T_dubs answer :joy: )

9 Likes

gonna go with my TRBX604

I love the thing, it sounds great, and is more bass than I will exceed in skill any time soon :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Gunna have to be my beaten up 76 P, the tone and smoothness of the neck do it for me,
I should change its name from ā€œthe wreckā€œ to ā€œsmoothyā€.:joy::+1:

8 Likes

That P has killer tone in your videos :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I have just uploaded 2 new tracks to the website, and I used the 76 mustang on one track and the tone it has is awesome as well, the other track I uploaded I used the Warwick neck through thumb, itā€™s nice but the round wounds are a bit to bright for my liking, I might put some flats on it .

5 Likes

of the basses I have availableā€¦EB3 it is minus the top end that everyone seems to favor these daysā€¦fantasy bass early-mid 50s P bass before they split the pickupsā€¦then the time to learn to play

5 Likes

My Epiphone Vintage Pro Thunderbird. Once I put flats on it and played for a few minutes I knew I had found the tone Iā€™d been looking for.

5 Likes

Thatā€™s a tough question. My Fbass. I didnā€™t think Iā€™d bond so much with it, but it very quickly became the first thing to grab. Itā€™s so versatile.

5 Likes

Tough one.

If I had to, it would be the fender p/j bass. But if that was on 100%, then my older P bass is on 99%

I donā€™t even want to have this conversation any more :smiley:

6 Likes

Greenie. what a strange question.

7 Likes

5193d48f2444115d1661cdb883de5d459f0f53b7d4ced2f86f9d9fb19c597f1d.0
Sorry, I canā€™t live in that world.

9 Likes

Isnā€™t choosing one bass like this much the same as choosing just one of the following to live on:
Air
Food
Water

:joy::joy::joy::joy:

7 Likes

I might be able to survive with only my Evil Twin :smiling_imp:

7 Likes

My Lakland 44-01

4 Likes

Hey @joeike,
Flats will do that to yašŸ˜Ž
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Hi @Sully,
Lakeland are nice, Geezer can get one of those pumpingšŸ‘
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Indeed they will Brian! I really like the EB cobalt flats. Unfortunately, they donā€™t make a set to fit my 32" Jaguar.

5 Likes

Theyā€™ve certainly ruined my life :joy::joy::joy:

6 Likes

They feel so good under your fingers, very warm tone,.
I used the Warwick over the weekend, itā€™s got rounds on it and I found they are very sharp tonely, I reckon Iā€™m gunna put flats on it as wrll

5 Likes

Fender American Professional Jazz Bass in Sonic Gray with the Rosewood fretboard.
Tone so smooth and a neck like butter.

One day I will have her.
One day.
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/JBassAPRSOG--fender-american-professional-jazz-bass-sonic-gray-with-rosewood-fingerboard

Edit: I had accidently posted the fretless version.

7 Likes