Im a beginner and need help with gear

AliExpress

1 Like

Hmmmm … Link?

Found it!

Review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYTkRti_TOM

About picks: I have bought this in case I would try picks. Just because of the design (and the raving reviews):

Those picks match your bike too!

PS Just ordered your strap! I expect to play at least as good as you now…

2 Likes

I keep seeing those pics advertised on Facebook!

I hope the strap works for you! :flushed:

I like them. Tried them on both my bass and guitar (not that I can play anything with them) and it rocks!
The design is kind of a Giger / BladeRunner design, mixed with a futuristic stealth fighter. So everything I like…

1 Like

So we have a whole topic on straps here:

2 Likes

But this is about bikes, bass, pedals, audio interface, headphones AND straps :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Sorry I’m at work and couldn’t write much…

I concur with getting a wider strap.
The first strap I used was a narrow guitar strap that felt like it was cutting into my shoulder.
I switched over to the
Zero-Gravity strap by
Cable Free Guitar and it feels much more comfortable with a similar “bubble” design to others that have been mentioned.
Here is a link:

@Hobo if you’re a young guy you can use any strap you want. If you’re older, like a lot of us, getting a good padded strap around 3 1/2" + wide can make the difference between being able to play or not.

On the other hand, half the time I’m playing sitting down and don’t use the strap at all. It’s not what Josh reccomends but it’s what I end up doing.

4 Likes

Bottom line with straps for me is that the wide ones are hot as sh!t to wear but it’s a bit more comfortable as far as the weight distribution are concerned but more importantly it allows you to show off the brands or the designs.

The standard ones are pretty great all around but its narrower designs yields less logo or design.

My first hand me down straps was actually a designer one and it’s so narrow just a bit wider than my school belt but it was thick leather and very nice. The problem with that the weight distribution. On a 4 hour gig I’d see the strap mark on my left shoulder for a couple of hours.

I usually stay away from the ergonomics designed. I just like the built in strap lock designs for convenience.

2 Likes

Cool, thanks to @sunDOG I can now … eh … show off … eh “Legato”!

Don’t know which emoji fits here!?

This one? :slight_smile:
Or this one? :frowning:

1 Like

I’d say this one :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Ok, two Lekato straps arrived today. First impressions:

• They are very comfortable!
  • They are therefore a little stiff and thick, but still acceptable
  • They are very long - I had to shorten them with an improvised construction. For you Brits that might work, but us Dutch have longer legs and shorter upper bodies, so we don’t drown when there is a flood.
  • The straps are just as slippery as the old ones, so they do not help with balancing the guitar. But it might be the fact that I always wear smooth & silky Teflon-like shirts ^^
2 Likes

True but I play 2 to 4 hours a night (for the past three years) and my open backed Sennheiser headphones have been the most comfortable I’ve ever been wearing bins.

https://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-598-SR-Open-Back/dp/B06WRMZZ45

If you want to record your bass to pc, you can use basic usb-interface. I think Behringer U-Phoria is like few tens of euros. It does all you need at start.

You can use it for output as well. Play via it to Reaper (or whatever software you choose) and listen from its output.

If you want effects, then this is not your choice. Though there is around thousand proper ones available.

I have the drop Sennheiser open back headphones and really like them for bass.

I have everything now thank you to everyone who helped me.

8 Likes

Cool! What did you finally purchase?That is the Yamaha TRBX304, right?

1 Like

yeah

1 Like