Im a beginner and need help with gear

Yes! I have LEKATO straps on two of my bases. They are great. They have noeprene bobbles on the underside that a) helps keep you cooler - air circulation and b) creates friction so the bass stays where it should - no neck dive.

I initially made the mistake of buying cheap nylon, car seatbelt straps. I have one on my Steinberger, but that weighs nothing, but for a ‘normal’ bass, they were awful. The bass would not stay in a playing position, which meant focus was on keeping the bass where it should be, rather than on what the fingers are doing.

2 Likes

And they have knobs too :slight_smile:

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Talking of knobs and pedals, there is a whole rabbit hole to go down! I’m now branching out from the B1four to individual pedals, for use in a live jam situation - have one tonight.

So far, there is a compressor, a phaser and a chorus. I need a tuner and I would like a delay. My amp has an overdrive pedal, so I’ve got the distorted sound covered, if I’m using my amp. If I’m not, the I need a distortion pedal too :rofl:

Oh, I’m a great believer in pre-loved. I’ve purchased all of these second hand through Facebook Marketplace. And when the time comes to move them on, I’d hope to recoup my £€$.

2 Likes

Is it this one?

https://www.amazon.de/LEKATO-Gitarrengurt-Gitarre-verstellbarer-Gitarrenplektren/dp/B0885SSQ56

Question: are you 100% happy with them?
Reason: I had small straps first, then wider ones, which are ok. But my bass suffers from a slight neck dive, and i would like to counteract that.
The knobs should prevent that, right?
Don’t know what to do with all those straps when I keep buying new ones, so the next one must be perfect…

One of the comments says: “Für kopflastige Instrumente empfehle ich den Gurt nicht, denn er rutscht sehr stark. Das Gewebe über den Noppen ist ziemlich glatt und liefert wenig Halt.”
So no advise for neck dive :frowning:

Yes, that’s the one. Plus you get the bonus picks :rofl:

I like them. The bass stays where it should, so you’re not fighting it. This was more of a problem with my Spector than the Dingwall, but I have them in both. It’s also got that dinky little holder for the picks :rofl:

1 Like

So, the Amazon reviews are not always convincing. Yes, I am in a state of confusion again, thank you! ^^

Alternative: Air Cell Guitar Strap BK – Thomann UK

1 Like

There, sorted!
IMG_1909

4 Likes

I’m leaning towards getting this

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ernie-Ball-Tribal-Silver-Jacquard/dp/B07N27QQXF/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_pl_foot_top?ie=UTF8&th=1

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07YDPKKWH/ref=ewc_pr_img_1?smid=A1M7ZOTOL4PDIE&psc=1

They might not be wide enough. Here you really should go in a shop, take up a heavy bass with sever neck dive . And test!

not wide enough for the bass or me?

My personal opinion is that a wider strap is better. But again, this is a personal thing.
Maybe you’ll like a smaller one. And you can always do it like me: buy a wrong one, then buy another one which is not good and the another one, which is ok, only to have discussions here that make you doubt your choice.

There is a world outside of the internet and it has those things called “shops”. You might be too young to remember :slight_smile:
But there you can talk to “real” people (I might be a bot ^^) and test actual products.

One thing is clear: you will make wrong choices - that’s the nature of every new hobby, unfortunately!

I got the wrong bass, the wrong audio interface and wrong straps (among other things). Had to replace them. So welcome to the club :slight_smile:

1 Like

Honestly if the straps aren’t big enough ill send them back no big deal

2 Likes

Then just order several straps and test them. Always take the wider strap, if you can chose between wide and narrow and both feel good!

When you play more & longer, you will thank me!

1 Like

3 Likes

AliExpress

1 Like

Hmmmm … Link?

Found it!

Review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYTkRti_TOM

About picks: I have bought this in case I would try picks. Just because of the design (and the raving reviews):

Those picks match your bike too!

PS Just ordered your strap! I expect to play at least as good as you now…

2 Likes

I keep seeing those pics advertised on Facebook!

I hope the strap works for you! :flushed:

I like them. Tried them on both my bass and guitar (not that I can play anything with them) and it rocks!
The design is kind of a Giger / BladeRunner design, mixed with a futuristic stealth fighter. So everything I like…

1 Like