I'm done with the B2B course, now what?!

Well, now I’m a little salty because Chord Tone is under $50 now in my cart -_- I paid $77 on the f’ing 10th… now to pester them and see if they will refund the difference. sighs

1 Like

Thanks @autumnsdad1990

2 Likes

FYI everything is adding to the cart for $10+ cheaper than the prices show. I don’t know if this is an error or something else is going on. At $48.51 for the bigger courses it’s tempting to stock up now…

(I hope I didn’t ruin anything for anybody lol).

Edit (I stocked up, now…)

2 Likes

+1 :+1: :+1: :+1:

3 Likes

I have just had a quick look on TalkingBass. Would it be correct to say that the B2B course covers pretty much the same ground as the Beginner Bass Guitar and Bassic Fundamentals courses?

2 Likes

Yes, but with some different emphasis. Same topics, and generally consistent information, but Josh goes deeper on some and Mark goes deeper on others. The biggest and most important difference is no series of slow/medium /fast workout videos. Just some backing tracks. Josh’s workout videos were crucial for me to make progress, gain confidence, and keep moving forward.

6 Likes

Mark from Talking Bass basically said they don’t offer partial refunds due to sales, etc because they happen throughout the year, etc (which wasn’t my point… my point was the sale price had changed lol…) but he refunded the whole order (30 day refund policy) so I just bought it again. Same difference to me anyway.

2 Likes

Bassic fundamentals contains Beginner so if you take BF there would be no reason to get the other as well.
Bassic Fundamentals has more of less the same content as B2B as for bass playing (actually B2B has more) but offers something more in other fields like basic bass setup, basic tone management, basic amp settings, basic pedals and effects etc…
I bought it and i liked it but I guess that B2B is the very best beginner course so I would get some of the more advanced course of Talking Bass after completing (and maybe doing it for a second time) B2B.
Just my humble opinion ofc

2 Likes

They offer a bundle of these two courses so I presume that Beginner contains something that isn’t in Bassic Fundamentals, even if there might be a fair amount of overlap.

I got inspired to go back to Sight Reading by Mark.
Sometimes back to very basics is a good thing to do.

1 Like

Back to playing very small amounts per day as my arm is still not right. I was quitely bemoaning this to myself, when this popped up in my feed :slight_smile:
“Appreciate where you are, most people can’t play an instrument; so you’ve already beaten the odds”
What now? Well lots of good suggestions. I would say not to forget about the fun. Find whatever that is and focus on that for a while. Theory will still be there when you get back.

What happened to your arm?

Don’t really know. I was practicing this little riff in 1st position with some ghost notes (which was a new thing for me to work on) and I must have overplayed in that one position.
I have tendon pain where it meets the elbow. It’s been like that for a over a month. Frustrating but hey ho!

Ah, I have been there.
Hope it snaps back soon!

1 Like

One thing I would like to add, now that I have more experience with Mark’s Talking Bass courses, is that these are a lot more “long haul” imo. You have a lesson, and you have something to practice and work on until you get good at it. I guess… structured, is a way to put it? I stocked up during cheap time, but I’m not super far into any of the courses. That said, I enjoy it and I like knowing “work on X or Y” at times, which often leads into a more free-flowing practice session of improv around the lesson, etc. I’m pretty sure in the Talking Bass overview video, he says a few of them are basically “lifetime” practicing sort of things.

I like it.

2 Likes

Totally.

2 Likes

Yep, Mark’s courses are lifetime instruction material. It’s definitely a case of teaching a man to fish rather than just handing him a filet o’ fish sandwich.

Studying music is akin to studying martial arts: the more you learn, the more you realize how much there is yet to learn.

1 Like

Learning bass is easier on my back.
81act4

3 Likes

Maybe, but it’s not easier to learn.

1 Like

I’ve just finished all the lesson material, but haven’t really touched the 50 first songs. I’m planning on:

• going back over some of the lessons/workouts and playing them to the backing track without bass.
  • Playing some (or maybe all of the 50 first songs).
  • Continue with the Ultimate Grove and hopefully make my own beats to practice to and try cutting out multiple bars.
  • Starting to try to lay down some groves with my bass and my guitar.

I expect these will keep me busy for quite some time. Combine that with learning guitar and it could be a while before I need some extra stuff.

3 Likes