In memoriam

Today Susan Mingus passed (Charles Mingus’ wife).
She’s kept Mingus’ torch alive ever since his death with ~3 Mingus big band iterations always going in NYC and on tour.

Two big blows for jazz this week.

5 Likes

Damn. Never enough time for doing good things. May she rest in peace.

1 Like

Watched a Tom Petty concert “Live From Gatorville”. Man so many good songs! He used a different guitar on almost every song.

2 Likes

36 years, Cliff Burton :heart:

4 Likes

Loretta Lynn passed away today. RIP Loretta

https://youtu.be/gpqqgCnF_Kc

10 Likes

Sorry to hear that. She was a great lady. RIP, Loretta.

3 Likes

Coal Miner’s Daughter. RIP

3 Likes

I saw Loretta Lynn at the 9:30 Club when I was four months pregnant with my daughter. Loretta wore that big blue ballgown. I wore something big and loose.
She was magnificent. I was nauseous, but didn’t want to leave.

6 Likes
8 Likes

i actually saw REO when i was in high school, which seems very strange to me now.

6 Likes

The older I get, a lot more seems strange to me now!

6 Likes

I have seen them twice at the Canyon Club in Agoura Hills, California.
New years eve shows 2 years in a row, they are a great live band.

4 Likes

Sorry to hear Robert Gordon has left the building. He was a rockabilly great and one hell of a rocker.

Keep knocking ‘em dead, man.

4 Likes

I’m still debating whether or not to see Guns N’ Roses (Axl, Slash and Duff) when they tour here. I loved them so much and they were my first concert as a teenager but I feel too loyal to the original line-up. I would have love to see Speedwagon back in the day.

2 Likes

Go see them. Life has a tendency to get in the way. I had tickets to see them but the gigs were cancelled due to Covid etc.
Then touring started again but the gig I had a ticket to was cancelled again when Axl fell sick.
It is better to see them and say “meh” than to live a life of what ifs

6 Likes

I love this forum, where we all enable/encourage eachother :smiley: D Ticket purchased! I like the two support bands (The Chats and The Cosmic Psychos) so it will be a great night out.

4 Likes

One of my first concerts 1988. Decent line up.

10 Likes

I don’t know @Barney , just a bunch of no names on a pretty poster :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

To the point though, @StartedAt48 , go see them.

I saw Maiden two weeks ago with my 11 year old (her first rock concert) and the boys still got it. It was the experience of a lifetime for her, and I got to see my favorites. You may be pleasantly surprised.

2 Likes

One of the originals. RIP Jerry

https://youtu.be/0VJ1NuAbEBI

6 Likes

He had a great life and a peaceful death. RIP

5 Likes