In memoriam

Here’s to an original, a killer musician, a true rock star. The Killer. :cry:

RIP, Jerry Lee.

5 Likes

Oh and marrying his 13 year old cousin. :face_with_monocle:

8 Likes

Utterly irrelevant to his musical achievements, but anything for a lame laugh, barn.

2 Likes

I wasn’t aware being a paedophile was funny @MikeC but you do you I guess.

3 Likes

I don’t find your irrelevant commentary funny in the least.

1 Like

Actually it is.
Or can be if someone has that opinion.

And pretty sure your not the arbiter of what’s relevant or not, at least in this forum.

If someone has a differing opinion to you, it’s not appropriate to continue to counter it.
Everyone here is entitled to their opinion without any certain members passing judgement on the ‘value’ of their posts.

7 Likes

Thanks for your opinion, but you sure aren’t the arbiter of this forum, either. Still, you continue to counter or otherwise direct people all the time. You are currently passing judgment on the value of the legitimacy of certain members’ posts. Heal thyself.

1 Like

4 Likes

Jerry Lee Lewis seems like he was a complicated guy. One of those in a league whose music, at least early on, was in contrast to his religious beliefs, or at least religious upbringing (see Little Richard, whose family thought secular music was “devil music”).

Somewhere here in the forums I know I’ve seen a post (by @JoshFossgreen?) about forum etiquette or general rules or something, but can’t locate it. Basically, the idea was “play nice,” though. And I think 99.999% of the time, everyone here does play nice with each other. I hope we can keep it that way.

8 Likes

It’s here….

https://forum.bassbuzz.com/faq

4 Likes

Sorry I posted

2 Likes

Thank you for honoring the passing of a music legend, @Wombat-metal.

4 Likes

hqdefault

11 Likes

Many of the great ones had skeletons in their closets, but we try to remember them for the achievements in their art, rather than their faux pas.
RIP Jerry Lee!

5 Likes

No, thank you for posting!

7 Likes

Well said Pam

5 Likes

Absolutely, @T_dub.

4 Likes

The only thing you need to be sorry about is posting the Sirena Pistolera…

5 Likes

:rofl:

3 Likes

I’ve thought about this @MikeC and I think it’s OK to say ‘Hey he was a great musician’ but it’s also OK to say ‘Yes but he was a grown man having sex with a 13 year old girl’. Both are facts.

I’d like to live in a world where we don’t normalize men having sex with young girls and accepting it because it’s rock and roll.

I don’t care how good a singer / musician anyone is. That shouldn’t obscure the fact that if you google paedophile. He’d fit the description.

YMMV.

9 Likes