In memoriam

Sooo sorry for your loss @Celticstar. I agree with you on the fear of worst ways out. Loss is hard. Horrific loss even harder. And then some bureaucratic nonsense that gives no accommodation to the deceased or the grieving is infuriating. As hard as that was to share the timely advice for the preparation for the living in such a case to care for the families post process is actually very kind of you. Thank you so much.

2 Likes

Thank you to you and all others expressing condolences.

I have gotten to the point now where I allocate free time to myself and my wife everyday, free of all the hassles. Before I was worrying too much about the banks and insurance companies requirements primarily and it was starting to affect my health. Now, they can deal with the lawyer I was forced to hire by the probate court, for $5,000.00, to get executor status on my sister’s estate.

It still seems so ridiculous to me that this is such a cash grab for an estate that has no assets to speak of and no other living relatives.

5 Likes

ian curtis (joy division) died today in 1980. he is missed by many, including me.

4 Likes

Yes indeed. The man (and his bandmates) changed my life.

2 Likes

oh crap - andy rourke, bassist for the smiths:

4 Likes

Oh man I’m so bummed now! I wondered why I wasn’t sleeping well last night. His basslines gave the songs “heart” for me.

3 Likes

59!!! What A Bummer

2 Likes

ahh fuck.

Starting to worry about Hooky too.

4 Likes

Aye! Keep that man healthy, he’s a treasure and I still dig how super-nice he is to fans.

3 Likes

He is super nice. Really great to see the family band thing he has going with Jack now too.

2 Likes

A true legend. She will be missed.

11 Likes

dammit.

2 Likes

Sad

3 Likes

bummer. They say these things come in ‘threes.’ Rourke, Turner, ____.

2 Likes

She was an icon

4 Likes

Very classy lady. RIP

2 Likes

I was never a huge fan but I respect her so much. One of those people like Ronnie Spector that went through the worst and still killed it. She deserves all the success she had.

5 Likes

Tina was simply the best. The queen of rock ‘n’ roll. RIP, sweet lady.

6 Likes

Miles Davis would have been 97 today. Happy birthday Miles !

https://youtu.be/1X6h2TxA18c

7 Likes
7 Likes