Installed Zero Fret on the Hofner

Thanks @TNKA36 Brian

4 Likes

that’s a great video @PamPurrs ! as always I’m impressed by the video editing and also by the way you explain, it seems very natural for you. that’s excellent !

5 Likes

Hi Pam,
Great video. I’m mostly in lurk mode here but I also play a Hofner Ignition and posted about my strap issues a couple of years ago (Hofner Ignition Strap Issues). When I had a setup done locally, the luthier noted that the nut was about the highest he had ever seen and he cut it down a bit. Your solution seems better.
As for the white lettering on the Ignition truss rod cover, I just gently sanded it off. With LaBella flatwounds and playing the neck pickup, it is a very sweet-sounding instrument. And LIGHT…
Cheers,
Tim

6 Likes

Pam, you are a boss. I wouldn’t have the guts to even think about doing that myself.
Great vid. Your admirer from Toronto.

6 Likes

Thanks!

4 Likes

Awesome @timndebn

4 Likes

So I go into my local shop to get some picks, and what to my wondering eyes should appear on the wall, a Beatle Bass.

An Epiphone viola bass, I had to take it off the wall and play it. I get it now. I managed to walk out with just the picks, but I drive by the shop every day.

5 Likes

Surprisingly big tone for such a little thing :slight_smile:

4 Likes

They also had a TRBX304 on the wall. Like where was this when I was looking for a bass? But good to see the shop get some good stock in.

4 Likes

That’s good to know. The bass guy at my local shop said they haven’t been able to get any product at all from Yamaha.

2 Likes

A quick question @PamPurrs
Did you have to do any filing of the new fret ends at all? I may attempt to actually fit mine today :scream:

4 Likes

The fret ends were fine. I did however use an Emory board (for fingernails) to round off the ends of the nut.
Good luck with your installation

4 Likes

Great :+1: Thanks for the quick reply :sunglasses:

4 Likes