Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

It was the video about 10 songs that helped him learn to play bass. Starting with some of the easier songs he learned, working to harder songs. the Iron maiden song was one of the last ones.
I will see if I can find it, and start the link at the Iron Maiden song.

4 Likes

I couldnt get it to start at the Iron Maiden song, but it is song #10.
In the description below the video, if you watch on YouTube has a jump to song #10 link.

7 Likes

Hi, I just started playing bass this summer. I played the piano and violin before but not very well. Right now my goal is to play Hysteria by Muse.

13 Likes

Welcome to the forum @cryk . That’s a lofty goal you’ve set for yourself, but it’s attainable if you work at it. Take baby steps to get there and don’t get discouraged along the way.

7 Likes

Glad you are here @cryk !
enjoy the ride.

6 Likes

Welcome @cryk ! This might help with your Hysteria goals: How to Play Hysteria on Bass (10 Simple Steps + Tabs)

9 Likes

Welcome aboard @cryk ,
Enjoy the ride,
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Welcome to the community @cryk !

5 Likes

Welcome @cryk

5 Likes

Welcome @cryk

5 Likes

Greetings @KentFrazier sir, Feel good to have you here.

4 Likes

There is so many things to say about this course that is positive it was very well thought out I have followed josh 2013 I look forward to going over the lesson again and again until I get it and I am doing it love Playing my Bass I have had Private lesson in the past but never had a teacher explained about music theory and I get it I would recommend this course to anybody that was starting out thank you :grinning:

9 Likes

Welcome @glasstubes7

5 Likes

Glad you are here @glasstubes7

We agree with you on the course!

7 Likes

Welcome aboard @glasstubes7,
Enjoy the ride,
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Welcome @glasstubes7 !

4 Likes

Welcome @glasstubes7

4 Likes

Hi, everyone! Johnny StingRay here, new to the forum, but not new to bass.
I’ve been playing since 1976. My experience includes classic rock, rock-a-billy, old school country with 80s country thrown in (especially Randy Travis :+1:), jazz standards, and praise.
My first band was named “The Headlights”, but didn’t stay with them long because I got married and moved from Detroit to L. A. to teach. My most recent gig I spent 13 years as bassist for “Grace On Fire” back in the Detroit area. That ended just before the pandemic.
Now I’m just a hobby bassist focused on improving my jazz walking and improvisation skills on the classic jazz standards.
I retired in June after a 39 year career as a special education teacher in L. A. and Detroit, and the last 8 years as a test prep teacher/tutor.
I’ve been married for 39 years, 2 sons, 2 daughter-in-laws, two grandkids. My wife is also an educator, specializing in working with autistic students. My grand-daughter is 6 and her prized possession is an Alvarez acoustic guitar that a dear friend of mine gave to her before he passed away from brain cancer last year.
One claim to fame is that I met Charles Mingus just as I was starting to learn to play bass. I was fortunate enough to talk to him for a good fifteen minutes before a show he played at Michigan State University. He told me this, “Kid, get it in your head that you will never stop learning to play.”
My other claim to fame is that I also met and had a wonderful conversation with Lester Bowie of the Art Ensemble Of Chicago. That was also at MSU. He told me to never stop learning and to always strive for freedom. Right before he went on stage he said, “Well, time to go to work!” He got on stage, looked at me and said “Be free, John!”……….I was hoping to meet Malachi Favors, but their set was so intense that all the members looked exhausted at the end of the show.
My gear: EBMM StingRay 5, black metallic flake body and head stock. D’Addario Chromes. GKMB112, Boss ME20B.
I look forward to being able to never stop learning on the Bass Buzz forum. I hope I didn’t write too much.

12 Likes

Glad you are here @Johnny_Mac

5 Likes

Welcome @Johnny_Mac

5 Likes