Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

Welcome @oswegan

5 Likes

Welcome to all…lots of good info and conversation to be had!

5 Likes

Hello @oswegan and welcome.

5 Likes

Welcome @oswegan

5 Likes

Welcome aboard @oswegan ,
Enjoy the ride,
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Welcome @pete_s !

Check out these videos for help with the slap module.
Idiot-Proof Beginner Slap Bass (Every F**king Detail You Need to Get Started)
and…
How to Slap & Pop Faster (Bad vs. Good Bass Technique)

7 Likes

Welcome @oswegan

5 Likes

Welcome to the community @oswegan !

4 Likes

Thanks, those definitely look helpful. I think motivation is the biggest issue though, I’m just not that interested in slap at this point and I have flat wounds on so even when I get a good strike it doesn’t sound great.

6 Likes

LoL! Yeah totally different set of concerns.

There have been a number of people who weren’t interested in slap and used finger style to complete that module and moved on. You can always go back to it later.

5 Likes

Josh , Still doing martial arts? I did Brazilian Jiu Jitsu for several years and even competed but stopped with the pandemic. Hope to go back soon? Any other BJJ competitors?

8 Likes

Welcome to the forum @nirajshah2070 ! I wish, haven’t been doing JKD for quite a while, I really want to get back into it, or some other martial art!

6 Likes

Glad you are here @nirajshah2070

5 Likes

Thanks!

5 Likes

Welcome @nirajshah2070 !

4 Likes

Welcome aboard @nirajshah2070 ,
Enjoy the ride,
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Hi, My name is Bill, Smitty also works. Back in the day I was a drummer, mostly a garage band, we did have payed gigs. I have been trying to learn bass for sum time. Not a lot of luck. Bassbuzz looks good for sure. Start back at the beginning, and learn the correct foundation. That is my plan. Thanks for your time.

12 Likes

Welcome @smitty54 !

7 Likes

Welcome to all new bass heads…

6 Likes

Glad you are here @smitty54
BassBuzz is indeed the place you want to be, I think you will be very happy with how you progress.

6 Likes