Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

Xav, from France, 46 soon, former lead singer when I was a teen in some metal band. Heard the band lived its life 20 years after I left it, said i was spoken as its legend…haha, really ? Funny thoughts.
Parents never wanted me to practise any instruments when I was a young guy, (noisy, costly, useless stuff), so I took kind of my revenge last weekend by finally buying a Yamaha TRBX174EW Natural wood bass, that was quite hiding in a corner of that shop. I had tried 3 others before that day, but once I carried that one in my hands, we felt in love with each other, despite the fact I had initially some higher budget for one. For that little one sounded pretty well in my ears for less $$$, and anyhow would she had costed more, i’d have bought it anyway…and we are already both happy to belong to each other !
I do plan to reach quite of a level overtime, at least enough to join a band again, for this is something I really have been missing years passing.
Hopefully I’d die on some road playing my gear, after my current partner will have left me bored with myself. Such a good end, isn’t it ?
Anyhow, hopefully I’ll find what I seek here, and if not, well…we know what to do !

Feel free to socialize with me I kinda like that.
Enjoy , folks !

11 Likes

Glad you are here @xdelanoy … enjoy the lower end of the world!

7 Likes

Thanks for that warm welcome @John_E

5 Likes

Welcome aboard @xdelanoy ,enjoy the ride, you have come to the right place.
As John @John_E says , welcome to the lower end of the world, i’m actually here, i come from a land down under :joy: :joy: :joy:
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Welcome to all of our newest members! Enjoy the ride!

7 Likes

Oh, one other thing for our newest members…We have hang outs on Zoom every month, so if you want to jump into the conversations, here is the schedule @John_E posted and the link to the Zoom meeting…
For those who prefer pencils/paper, chisel/stone tablets…
2022 Dates
January 2 - cancelled
January 30
February 27
March 27
April 24
May 22
June 19
July 17
August 14
September 11
October 9
November 6 (back to 20:00 UTC)
December 4

B2B Live Hang Meeting Link (Reoccuring)
Here’s the link to the forum thread if you want to say something there:
NEW B2B Live Hangs - Permenant Ongoing Schedule - Lounge - BassBuzz Forum

9 Likes

Thanks @TNKA36 , @athosmr2003 , for all those heartwarming welcomes. It is getting a tad late for me just now, but I feel ready to eat as much lessons tomorrow on my day off. Little bass princess is being vibrating at the thought of it !
On a side note, I am surprised I had managed so far to carry on most free Bassbuzz youtube lessons much more easily than i thought ! (beginner ones, let’s be clear).
Perhaps I am actually gifted ? Oh please yes !

5 Likes

@athosmr2003 Count me in for the 30th january !

5 Likes

Howdy. I am very, very close to 48 (before the end of the month), and about a week into B2B, starting module 5 tonight. My story sounds so familiar! Had a bass in college but sold it because honestly I never really learned how to play it, mostly just played around on it.

My husband is a multi-instrumentalist (sax, drums, guitar, bass, piano, now trying out the flute) and I am not sure what’s in the air, but we’ve both been more interested in playing lately. He played his first open mic in many years recently, and I finally decided to pick up the bass again. He’s lending me his Fender Mustang bass for the moment, although I have something a little less precious on the way (seriously, I am always afraid I am going to hurt his instrument…).

Today is Jaguar day in our house, because my Squier is arriving soon, and he bought himself a fancy new guitar (a Kurt Cobain Jaguar) that should also be arriving via FedEx tonight.

That’s about it for now! Time to get back to Module 5 and learning to read music :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Glad you are here @amped18

Enjoy the course.

I am also a sax player and Conn sax historian…

5 Likes

Welcome aboard @amped18 ,
Enjoy the ride,
Cheers Brian

6 Likes

Glad to have you here @amped18

6 Likes

Welcome to the community @xdelanoy & @amped18 !

6 Likes

@xdelanoy , Welcome!
@amped18 , Welcome!

6 Likes

Welcome @xdelanoy, great you are back to music and probably to metal.

Welcome @amped18, congrats to your new bass. Sure you’ll enjoy it.

Have fun with the B2B course and the forum!

5 Likes

Welcome @xdelanoy and @amped18

5 Likes

Played yesterday for the first time with Rocksmith and the lessons are very good, how you start with a simple bass line and how more progress you make, more of notes are add to play the line. I like it pretty well. Also funny to see how soon you can make progress!
Any tips for simple songs to learn? Started with Another one Bites the Dust from Queen, not quite hard to play but maybe a little too much for a beginner…

7 Likes

In the main menu, section: categories, you find 50 songs with notation and sound demo. There are some easy one’s you can choose from.

6 Likes

try to keep the difficulty at 100% but make the speed slower.

6 Likes

There are quite a few new members since I last looked in here, so another welcome to you all. I hope you all enjoy it here as much as I am. I’m now in the middle of module 4 of the B2B course and having a great time.

5 Likes