Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

That is awesome, it might be hard but is it worth it?
Absolutely!

6 Likes

Forget supporting the team, support yourself by signing up for the B2B course. It’s the very best money any beginner bass player can spend. You’ll be amazed at at how good it feels to thump along with Josh as he opens your mind, gently and informatively, one valuable concept at a time.

8 Likes

It really is a great course. I haven’t found a course for guitar that is as good, despite how good JustinGuitar is. B2B just stands out as really unique as a perfect beginner’s course.

8 Likes

welcome @Bass-at-40 ! I also think you should sign up for B2B. It’s a great foundation.

9 Likes

Welcome @Bass-at-40 enjoy your journey.
I am learning to play the Bass at 52 so your not alone.

7 Likes

The demographics might surprise you :slight_smile:

I’m in helping GenX hold down the top two spots there :+1:

7 Likes

Ugh, sadly I will be moving up the demographic ladder one notch in December to the 56-65 group.

8 Likes

I’ll be 60 Christmas Day. Every day is a new adventure in “What is going to hurt today?”. I messed my right hip up two weeks ago. Probably did it while tying my shoes. Can barely tolerate walking or sitting.

8 Likes

Better to move up than to not move up :slight_smile:

7 Likes

My dad lived to 102. His brother made it to 104.

Assuming a random bus doesn’t take me out, I’m afraid I’ll be moving on up for a while to come.

8 Likes

Welcome to the group @Bass-at-40, glad you joined us

9 Likes

That’s all the better according to this

9 Likes

Welcome @Bass-at-40
Have fun!
I also highly recommend taking the Beginner to Badass course.

9 Likes

Well dang if we ain’t a bunch of greybeards in here :laughing: Hello all! I’m Mike and I’m 50. Abused a bass guitar back in high school in a terrible band and went on with life. Started the B2B lessons a few months ago and really enjoy them. Amazed at how well the whole thing works to be honest. I’ll usually do a lesson or two and then practice those new things for a couple days before moving on to the next one. I learn by doing so that approach seems to be working well so far. What things did y’all find most helpful/useful when you were but a Bassling?

10 Likes

Welcome, @mikejeris72. And the correct term is silverbacks.

4 Likes

Welcome @mikejeris72
Have fun!

6 Likes

Hello Everyone,
I’ve just recently discovered this forum and want to introduce myself. I come from a musical family, mother and sister were pros. I played violin and a tiny bit of piano as a kid then put it aside for school and work. Earlier this summer I retired from a good but stressful career. Wanting to bring music back into my life I picked up the old violin. Turns out I can still hit a few notes while only being a little squeaky. :upside_down_face: Then, a friend picked up a Kala Ubass just for fun. We have a few friends who play guitar and the thought was to have it around and see who picked it up. Well, I guess it was me. One day I was frustrated with figuring out notes on the violin so I picked up the bass to figure out the tune. I immediately fell in love with the warmth of the tone and thought I have to learn to play this thing! Next I stumbled upon the B2B lessons. Suddenly I was obsessed with playing that little bass. It was the first thing I would think of each morning. As the course progressed I felt cramped so a while later I picked up a Squire CV 60’s Jazz Bass - love it! Plus it’s the pretty Daphne Blue!! Anyway, I can’t say enough about the B2B course. I’m learning so much and it’s really keeping me engaged with learning to play a new instrument and reinforcing theory in a friendly way. Thanks Josh! I’m really looking forward to being part of this community.
-Sarah

19 Likes

Welcome @mikejeris72 and @serieke

6 Likes

welcome @serieke !

7 Likes

Welcome, @serieke. Glad you’re here and enjoying the lessons. Have fun!

5 Likes