Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

Hey, @juli0r ! Thank you for the note!

Here’s something I can recommend, if you can find it…find people you really get along with to play with. I’ve played in a couple bands where I really didn’t know the other players that well, especially that one I played with on Valentine’s Day.

But here’s a pic of me playing with my friend/great guitarist. I remember exactly what happened at that moment (he made a…mistake :D). <>

It’s so much fun to play with people that are #1 not only good musicians (and what I’ve found is that you can really feed off of that energy…not only on stage, but in a way making you wanting to be better to ‘keep up’ – for me, I don’t necessarily want to be the best one in the band, but want to be pushed to do my absolute best), but #2 also people you get along with.

The guitar player is eons ahead of me in terms of ability, but it brings out the best in me. And when we make a mistake, it’s not the end of the world, but something we can smile about and deal with :smiley:

It’s so good playing in a band. That’s my Zen…

10 Likes

OMG!! I love the tie! So professional. I bet he manages talent well.

7 Likes

Thank you everyone for the kind welcomes! Hope you all have great days/nights

8 Likes

That’s a fantastic pic :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Welcome to the forum @jjswenson

5 Likes

Hi everyone!
I am new to the forum, even though I started taking Josh’s lessons a few months ago, when I received a short scale Bronco Bass for my birthday.
I used to play drums but I kind of stopped it since I live in a small apartment in Brussels. I study dramatics and when I don’t work, I sing (the musicals, folks!) and I go diving in our beautiful Belgian stone-pits and quarries (ha ha).
Have a great day/night, where ever you are! Hope you’re all safe from Covid!

9 Likes

Welcome aboard @Mus,
Enjoy the Ride.
Cheers
Brian

3 Likes

Welcome to the community @Mus!

4 Likes

Welcome @Mus

5 Likes

Welcome @Mus

5 Likes

Welcome @Mus

Why do I suddenly feel like a copy cat :thinking:

4 Likes

Welcome @jjswenson! Cute kitties. :cat:

Welcome to the forum @Mus!

2 Likes

Just bought Josh’s beginner course today. Finished Module 1 about 15 minutes ago. I used to play in a couple bands in the early 1970’s, (I’m 68 now). I only played by ear, which is why I want to learn properly this time. I bought a Yamaha TRBX204 bass and a Fender Rumble 40. Maybe by Thanksgiving or Christmas I can jam with some locals.

9 Likes

Welcome @frankxconnors. Good choice on both the bass and the amp. Best wishes with the course.

5 Likes

Welcome aboard @frankxconnors,
Enjoy the ride.
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Welcome to the community @frankxconnors!

4 Likes

Welcome aboard @frankxconnors

4 Likes

welcome @frankxconnors

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum @frankxconnors!

5 Likes

Welcome @frankxconnors!
Good choices all around :slight_smile:
Bass, Amp, B2B!

3 Likes