Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

G’day mate,
Welcome aboard.
I finished the course last week and I can assure you I’m a lot better player now than I was before I joined.
You’ll kick arse and love your rig.

6 Likes

Hi,

My name is Bogdan, 45 years old, born in Romania but living in the UK (from 2012)
Love music and I always dreamed of playing. My soul band is Iron Maiden (I’ve started listening to them in '86 and I keep listening). Never played any instrument. And you’ve guessed right. I’ve stopped at bass guitar. My only dream is, someday, I will be able to play the bass.
After I’ve watched a video of @JoshFossgreen following many more, I have decided it is time. Therefore today I received my Ibanez IJSR190 Jumpstart Bass Pack, Walnut Sunburst. Made myself a coffee (was delivered in the morning) and waking up properly watching 5 Levels of Bass Finger Exercise (Beginner to Advanced) and giving few looks at the box in between and thinking “I got it… it’s mine…it’s time” long story short, very excited after I opened the box like a kid on Christmas day, I managed to tune in straight away and start the fingers exercises. Then a small session of “Learn a song” in Rocksmith to kill my left hand :slight_smile: Again some finger exercise after a break and… after 6 hours I realized how much time I’ve spent with my bass. I decided i need to learn properly so I will join the course.

My expectations are low because I always said to myself I will never be able to play. But Josh made me be much more confident through his way to explain in all his free courses (I watched a lot in a short time) My fingers will bleed but I will prevail.

I hope i didn’t bore you too much and sorry if I’ve butchered the grammar (I learned English by myself from videogames/movies after '89)

11 Likes

Welcome @Helldred. Enjoy the course!

4 Likes

Welcome @Helldred!

6 Likes

Welcome to the community @Helldred!

4 Likes

Welcome @Helldred

4 Likes

Welcome aboard @Helldred,
Enjoy the ride.
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Welcome @Helldred

4 Likes

Welcome aboard and up the Irons @Helldred

4 Likes

Finally. I did it!

I played bass between 1988-1993 but never took any lessons.
We played as a cover band and I always just listened to the songs and figured out everything “by ear” and trying.
It worked but never got me far.

I know how to play campfire guitar, know the chords and still can figure stuff out if someone asks for a song I never played.

Maybe it’s kind of a nostalgia to try bass again, but this time it will be a little bit more relaxed and with Josh’s course.
It’s the Oooomph I seem to miss :slight_smile:

Looking forward to get it right this time.

Marc, EST 1972, Germany, Yamaha TRBX 504, Fender Rumble 40 Combo, Fingers That Aren’t Used To Bass Anymore

8 Likes

Welcome to the forum @TheFeister!

Lol :stuck_out_tongue:, love the inclusion of the fingers in the signal path, more people should do that! They often have more effect on sound than any of the actual gear.

8 Likes

Welcome @TheFeister

Me too, on guitar, but it may have been more 89-94, but close enough

Me too

5 Likes

Welcome to the community @TheFeister!

5 Likes

Welcome aboard @TheFeister

4 Likes

Welcome @TheFeister

4 Likes

Hey! sup everyone

My name is Santiago, 30y/o, Colombian, Software Developer and a not so experienced musician at all.

I really enjoy listening to music (from doom metal to ska and electronic, a big mix) but never got so much into playing it, in my life I’ve played just a few chords on guitar and that’s it.

This year my company put a music room with a couple of instruments for employees to get relaxed, went there with a couple of friends and touched the first bass guitar in my entire life. In that moment I told myself “Hey, this is soo cool :star_struck:. I would like to play it, I can do it”.

A month later I bought what’s my first and current bass atm, a generic one (Here basses are a bit expensive for the salaries) but with all the good vibes and will to learn.

I’m not gonna lie, the first days were painful. My hands are big and chunky with small fingers so it was difficult to do stretches, also realized that this bass is huuuge with 24frets and 88cm neck, so that wasn’t helping neither :sweat_smile:.

But with some exercises, discipline and a better bass positioning (I place it between my legs mostly) I was able to reach almost everything more easily. Learned to move on the neck and a couple theory, but still felt like I wanted some more guidance to continue.

I watched all of Josh videos on youtube and it’s up to date my favorite bass teacher so far. I enjoyed and felt so comfortable on every lesson that finally decided to buy the bassbuzz course and so here I am.

Well, greetings and hope to see you jamming In a not so distant future.

Here are some pics of my bass, I modded it a bit, just visuals.

11 Likes

Welcome to BassBuzz.
So cool of work to make a music room.

I would love that, but probably get fired for being there ALL day long. Lol

Cool looking bass, what is the brand? Is it a domestic product to you?

5 Likes

Welcome…interesting use of a sigil

5 Likes

Welcome to the community @Lemniscat!

4 Likes

Welcome @Lemniscat.

That’s a cool looking bass

4 Likes