Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

It’s a brand called Persian idk from where it comes, think is chinese. I’m planning on acquire a musicman sub after this one, when my skills feel higher.

5 Likes

It’s the Doom 2016 game pentagram so don’t get me wrong with it :laughing:

Stills feels like if someone plays the correct riff will summon something…

7 Likes

Hi,
Great to be here! Time to introduce myself; My name is Vesa and I live in Finland. I am within few weeks 40 years old. I have never had musical skills and I have never played anything. That someone playes any instrument has allways been the only thing to make me a little bit jeallous. And still untill this I haven’t had believe in myself that I could ever be able to do the same. Not to mention that I started to believe that at this age I would be too old allready to develop any skills. I am anyhow realistic that maybe I will not be the best bass player but I still have some hope to become a decent one.

Big thing for me was that I found this site. It encourages me in a way what I need. Good teacher and teaching method that suits me. Music theory is in some amount needed and important but it is great to get started before getting frustrated with too much theory.

Very exciting to take lessons! It’s allmost like child trying not to grab all cookies from the jar. I would like to hurry up through all the lessons/eat the cookies but will I be disapointed when the jar is empty? Just saying that this journey feels so great allready by itself!

By the way, it is allready like 2:30am here and I should be sleeping but at the moment I’m a little bit too excited about playing bass to get any sleep :slight_smile: Damn you…

English is not my native language so forgive me. But how nice ot feels to learn new skills and by doing it with some other language!

9 Likes

Thats my man!!! I love my Sterling Sub Series Stingray Ray 4
Is this what you mean, or are you going for a Music Man. They used to make the Sub rays, and there are some good ones if you can find them.
Music Man is owned by Ernie Ball, who has a son named Sterling Ball, so this is how the two companies are associated.
Not to be confused with the model of bass called the STERLING. It was made as a smaller, lower cost version of the Stingray back before the SUB rays and Sterling by Music Man Rays, but the Sterling model still exists from Music Man
I know, I know, it can be confusing until you look up the stories and Wiki, then you see how it all went down.
Cuz
Music Man was first started by Leo Fender, after he sold Fender. He then sold Music Man to Ernie Ball

3 Likes

Welcome @Vesa. glad you got here on bass buzz, and your English is fine.

4 Likes

Welcome aboard @Lemniscat,
Enjoy the ride, you have picked the right weapon to learn to play.
Love your bass, really cool.
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Welcome aboard @Vesa,
Enjoy the ride.
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Welcome @Vesa

5 Likes

Hi! I just joined bass buzz today and am enjoying the lessons! I have always loved music, especially funk. I’ve danced since I was a kid and definitely have rhythm, so I’m hoping that translates to being able to play bass! I’ve always loved music that has prominent bass. Never played an instrument until now! Got myself a Fender Mustang PJ bass (short scale) and a Fender 40 amp. After doing 2 hours straight of lessons, I realize that I need a better strap than the el cheapo one I bought :laughing:

8 Likes

welcome @NathalieT. Go get ya a strap, and keep on Jamming :+1:

6 Likes

Welcome aboard @NathalieT,
Enjoy the ride.
Cheers Brian

6 Likes

Hey @NathalieT,
You had best post a pic of your Mustang, I have one also.:+1:
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Sonic blue – hard to get the color right in the photos

7 Likes

Welcome @bassalicious… yes a good strap is vital for comfort and longevity. There are some good suggestions in this thread

7 Likes

Welcome to the party @NathalieT @Vesa and @Lemniscat

5 Likes

Awesome. Fender does the pastel blues and grays really well.

6 Likes

Very nice @NathalieT,
Here is a pic of mine.
Cheers Brian

7 Likes

Welcome to the community @Vesa!

2 Likes

Welcome to the community @NathalieT!

2 Likes

Very cool pint job dude.
I wouldn’t be game enough to even attempt it

4 Likes