Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

Me neither.
(Well depends on the bass and how custom I made it anyway)

Would attempt a pint job though… probably :wink:

2 Likes

Welcome @Lemniscat, hope you enjoy the course!

Welcome @Vesa! Yes, pace yourself with the cookies. :cookie: :stuck_out_tongue:

Welcome @NathalieT! I’ve got one of those PJ Mustangs too, same color! Fun little basses. :slight_smile: Yes, good straps make life better! I really like these: SoloStrap Neo – Gruv Gear | Krane

5 Likes

Hi all. I’m Sean. Just joined yesterday. I live in San Diego, CA originally from East Tennessee. I first picked up bass when I was about 15. My first bass was Cort Slammer bass. I have no idea what ever happened to it. Used to jam with a couple friends. I wouldn’t call it a band as we were all terrible. Never played any gigs as we were poor teenagers. I stopped playing after a couple years. Have always meant to get back to it, but life was happening. I’m now 46 and have been back to playing for about 2 years. I really enjoy watching Josh’s videos and have learned a lot from them, so I decided to sign up. Here is a pic of the family and my practice table.

10 Likes

Welcome @Seann1974

Nice selection of basses you have there :+1:

5 Likes

Welcome @Seann1974. I am Tdub 1972 from Costa Mesa, CA, a little north of you.
Nice collection you got there :+1:

5 Likes

Welcome aboard @Seann1974,
Enjoy the ride, love your family.
Cheers Brian

6 Likes

Welcome to the community @Seann1974!

4 Likes

Welcome @Seann1974

5 Likes

Greetings,

After a long journey, I have decided to take up the bass guitar.
So I am the beginner’s beginner. Stumbled across Josh’s Youtube channel and the rest is history.
Glad to be in the company of great bass enthusiasts such as myself.
Looking to learn a lot and then some…

The Purplediva

10 Likes

Welcome @Purplediva

6 Likes

Welcome @Purplediva

6 Likes

Welcome @Purplediva

4 Likes

Greetings all, my name is Lester. I have been a musician since I was 10 playing guitar for the last 30 years. I took up the bass about a month ago because I love the feel and groove of the bass.
I am a disabled veteran served 10 years in the Army and seven overseas deployments. I was wounded in 2010 in Afghanistan. I am married with 5 kids or some of them are young adults now. I wanted to fall in love with music again as I have not performed in years with a band since our singer lost his life in the prime of our band.
The bass has helped me do just that fall in love with all styles of music again. I grew up in the punk, metal, hard rock scene and now I enjoy everything from Jazz to classical. I am hoping to buy the beginner course next month to start that and enjoy learning from everyone on here. Hopefully that covers it all lol

10 Likes

Welcome @Seann1974, nice bass rack!

Welcome @Purplediva, beginner’s beginners very welcome here! :slight_smile:

Welcome @LesterH, hope you have fun playing bass!

7 Likes

Welcome @LesterH and thank you for your service. I am also a U.S. Army veteran (Vietnam). You are in good company as there are quite a few veterans in this forum.

7 Likes

Welcome officially. :wink:
As with all the vets, disabled or not, thanks for your service.
Sorry to hear about your singer, glad you could get back into music after the tragedy.

8 Likes

Welcome to the community @Purplediva and @LesterH!

6 Likes

Thanks, it took a while but I found a major part of me was empty and it can only be filled with music

6 Likes

“There has been so many times I thought I might lose it,
The only thing that saved me has always been music”
Adam “Ad-Rock” Horowitz
The Beastie Boys

4 Likes

Welcome aboard @LesterH

3 Likes