4 Likes

Welcome aboard @spidey9,
Enjoy the ride.
Cheers Brian.

4 Likes

Welcome to the community @spidey9!

3 Likes

Hey mate,
I hope that doesn’t include Brian and I when we get to meet?
We got a jam session to have so don’t go piking it on us?
:crazy_face:

4 Likes

Hi everyone! My name is Elise, and I’m from Canberra, Australia. I live with my husband and my cat. I love baking and am a total astronomy nerd!

I bought my bass (Ibanez Soundgear) about 20 years ago, but struggled to make time for it while I was studying at university. Then I sort of lost interest, sadly. I’ve brought it with me to 6 different houses but it’s been pretty much just decorative. Now I want to get some use out it!

My favourite music genre is metal, but I like a wide variety of music. I can’t wait till I can play along to some of my favourite songs!

I’m so excited to be doing this course. :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

That’s where the Zoom/phone calls have been so good as an introduction to the madness
@rory :joy:

5 Likes

G’day @elise.leins. Welcome to the forums

5 Likes

Welcome aboard @elise.leins
Enjoy the ride.
There are 3 of us on the forum based down in Melbourne.
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

What madness :rofl:. :joy:. :woozy_face:
@Mac, @rory.
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Welcome to the community @elise.leins!

5 Likes

Welcome @elise.leins

5 Likes

Welcome @elise.leins

5 Likes

To @LesterH and everyone that welcomed me - thank you! I‘m sorry to have to try and keep my interactions down through a very general post while I’m still new, but rules is rules :slight_smile:

8 Likes

@TNKA36 I can’t imagine that type of lockdown, although I was sick for 3 months when everything started here in AZ around the end of March.

COVID is definitely taking its toll on folks, I just hope we see 2020 give way to better things!

7 Likes

Hey @architecht13,
I will drink to that, roll on 2021.
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Here’s to that. Kind of want to just take a long nap until 2021.

2020’s a huge sh*t sandwich that is just going to get worse until the end of the year, especially in the US.

4 Likes

Welcome Ant @architecht13! Never too late to start learning something. (except potty training I guess, best to get that in early)

Welcome @spidey9, glad you’re enjoying the videos!

Welcome @elise.leins, that’s cool you’re into astronomy! I know next to nothing, but finally got one of those apps you can point at the sky to identify prominent planets/stars and stuff, it was cool to discover Saturn and Jupiter have been hanging out loud and proud in the sky here for the last month or so.

9 Likes

Hello Badasses!

Just joined today and am really excited to start this journey! I’ve had a bass for 20+ Years but never took lessons and consequently never got past the ‘he plays bass like a guitar player’ box. Saw @JoshFossgreen on You Tube last week and immediately knew this course was perfect for me.

I grew up on 70s pop and hard rock and was always fascinated by electric guitars and basses. When I heard Ramones/Clash/Sex Pistols I bought a Les Paul and started a cover band in the early 80’s. In the 90s I was already a frustrated guitarist and was starting to Really listen to Reggae, Motown, Stax, James Brown - all kinds of soul music. That’s when I thought I might really be a bassist at heart, the bass lines made way more sense to me than guitar chords.

Since I now have a hobby (sweet!) the other stuff I’m into is learning bbq/smoking, rediscovering interesting wine through a local wine club, supporting the NW craft beer scene a few pints at a time and taking care of a really fun border collie/mini Aussie with my GF.

Thanks for having me, let’s rock!
Bill Jr. in Seattle, Washington, USA

9 Likes

Welcome to the community @BillJr! I was in your neck of the woods last week over on Whidbey Island.

4 Likes