Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

Welcome @BillJr, glad you found us

4 Likes

Thanks Jerry! Whidbey is my #1 vacation spot, so close to the city but it feels so far away. Was just there mid July and the weather was probably as good as you had.

4 Likes

Thanks, it already feels like home! Looking forward to listening and learning from the veterans of the group.

4 Likes

Welcome @BillJr

5 Likes

Welcome BillJr!

5 Likes

Haha, you are already. I love Orange, so I would love to see you put it next to the blue not in your budding family. LOL

3 Likes

Thanks @PamPurrs, glad to be in the community, looking forward to learning!

5 Likes

Welcome @BillJr

5 Likes

Thanks @Mac, module 1 is in the books!

5 Likes

Hey @BillJr,
Welcome aboard, enjoy the ride, you have just arrived at the best place going round.
Josh will have you up to speed in no time.
Cheers Brian

6 Likes

Welcome @BillJr…so what kind of smoker do you run? I have a traeger. It’s great as you can get in lots of bass practice while smoking/bbq’ing.

4 Likes

My brother has a Traeger and that thing is awesome.

3 Likes

i have a GMG. did a brisket yesterday
cheers brian

3 Likes

@JoshFossgreen Thank you!

2 Likes

Here is a pick of the brisket getting a work out on my smoker👍
Cheers Brian

12 Likes

I hope the brisket gets well after its acupuncture

5 Likes

That is about one of the best things I’ve ever seen! And I thought I had the record for using a laboratory grade precision thermometer. I couldn’t choose between the Frankenstein brain joke, the brisket telekinesis joke or the defibrillator joke. My vote still goes to the acupuncture joke.

9 Likes

@DaveT in bread making I have five thermometers one a twin and a seven probe that can go to 1200 c.
So my wife who has some eggs in the incubator asks the question any thermometer geek has been waiting for “honey can you please check the accuracy of the incubator” YES.
Did I mention humidity :rofl:
Jamie

3 Likes

This forum is just paradise. How I love the precision.

5 Likes

Hi Dave @DaveT,
I have one that plugs into the pellet smoker and the other four into a seperate unit that has a remote that I have inside, so I can check on the progress of the cook without having to go outside👍
You got to do it perfectly and with precision :sunglasses:
Cheers Brian

6 Likes