Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

Two things here.
First - Yes, taking the B2B course will likely be invaluable to you as it was to me and everybody else who has taken it as far as I know, and am willing to bet “yes”, everybody.

Second, Having a teacher online that is not creating a structure for you to practice and grow, does not sound like you have a teacher at all, to me it sounds like you found somebody to pay to Jam with who will show you a few things along the way.
I can’t say for sure, of course, IDK your teacher or his teachings, but a solid teacher should be able to structure practice criteria and find your weaknesses and point them out to help you improve upon them.

So, Welcome to BassBuzz, I hope you take the B2B plunge, and afterwards, (like I did) hope you can find a teacher that can help guide you thru your journey helping you grow along the way.

8 Likes

This is one of the great things about the course! Josh On Demand :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Welcome @lusecannon

7 Likes

Welcome to the community @lusecannon!

7 Likes

Hi!
My Real name is Ivo.

My nick says it all. I am German, but was born and raised in the Netherlands, therfore feeling more Dutch than German.

I’m 50 years old(?), huuuuuuuuge Prince fan (and many more funky acts).
Have been doubtfull whether to start playing bass or not.
My wife (51) started to play drums 3 years ago.
Being more at home now than what used to be ‘normal’ made me decide to take up the challenge of learning to play the Bass

So I’m a bloody beginner and hope to be able to play some drum & bass together with my wife soon.

My gear:
A SoundGear by Ibanez SR300E 4-string Bass & a Mark Bass amp.

Below a picture of me and my bass-hero: Sonny T. from Prince’s band the NPG

13 Likes

Welcome aboard @TheDutchGerman,
Enjoy the ride, looks like your gunna be in for a ton of fun with your wife on drums😎
Cheers Brian

7 Likes

Welcome to the community @TheDutchGerman Ivo!

7 Likes

Welcome @TheDutchGerman

8 Likes

Welcome @TheDutchGerman

7 Likes

Welcome To the community @TheDutchGerman glad your here!

8 Likes

Welcome @TheDutchGerman :+1:

6 Likes

Welcome Kevin @lusecannon and Ivo @TheDutchGerman !

8 Likes

My name is Bernardo, I´m 30 and I´m from Brazil, more specifically from the south, where, unfortunatelly for me ( :rofl:) and for the surprise of most people, it gets a little cold in the winter (30 - 50ºF).
I´ve always liked to listen to bass lines and so and I played a little in my early 20’s, but I stopped and never thought of start playing again.
Because of the pandemic situation, homeoffice, etc. I thought that it would be a good idea to buy a bass and learn to play it.
Fortunately, someday I´ve found myself looking at the Bass Buzz Youtube channel, which finally brought me here (I´ve really laughed a lot identifying myself with Noob Josh :rofl:).
I´m currently in the module 9 of the lessons and I´ve really improved a lot in these 3 or 4 months since I started it. I think that learning the right technique has been the more important point: it´s really clear how before the lessons I used to do some things in a very more difficult way than I do now.

9 Likes

Welcome @bernardo_furtado

4 Likes

Welcome aboard @bernardo_furtado,
Enjoy the ride.
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Welcome to the community @bernardo_furtado!

2 Likes

Oh my god that sounds like a dream… I have been trying to motivate my wife to play her old keyboard with me (Even got a mixer with two headphone outputs and everything)

Now you guys have to make a “Seven Nation Army Cover” at the first chance… That is the law!

8 Likes

Welcome to the fold @bernardo_furtado. The lessons are awesome, the Forum is equally entertaining.

4 Likes

Welcome @bernardo_furtado

4 Likes

:rofl:
Believe it or not, but I’ve started practicing ‘Seven Nation Army’ in the past 2 days.

10 Likes