Your username immediately made me think of Hawaii 5-0 :policewoman:

5 Likes

Welcome to the community @DanO!

5 Likes

Welcome aboard @DanO,
Enjoy the ride.
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Thank you all for the welcome, anybody close to Reno Nv?

7 Likes

Melbourne is just a short flight away @DanO😂
Cheers :rofl:Brian

6 Likes

Now you know we’re not allowed :joy:

5 Likes

That’s awesome. My 8 year-old daughter is taking drum lessons. Her favorite thing is to ask me to play bass with her. And yes, we are learning the required Seven Nation Army together.

It’s fun to see someone from Finland here. I had the good fortune of working in Turku for some months in 2006. All hail, the inventors of sauna!

12 Likes

Greetings from England!

I’ve just completed two modules of Beginner to Badass today and I’m really enjoying it. I first picked up the bass when I was 18 (I’m now in my 30’s) but had literally no idea what I was playing, I would just do what my guitar playing friend told me to play in jams which was obviously very basic as I had no experience. The bass then collected dust for over 10 years, until now!

I decided I wanted to learn how to play bass properly so I could look back at these strange times and feel that something positive came out of all of this. I also wanted to use my time during lockdown more productively and creatively rather than just playing PlayStation and watching Netflix! I stumbled across Bassbuzz on YouTube and really enjoyed the videos and Josh’s teaching style. I’m looking forward to completing the course and have already found massive improvements in my bass playing and increased my appreciation for music in general even more (which I never thought possible as it was already a huge part of my life).

Thanks

11 Likes

Welcome to the Forums, @Ludders . . . :slight_smile:

4 Likes

It’s fun to hear stories of what positive things emerge from this time. More creativity is what we need!

5 Likes

Agreed. I can’t wait to see how the music scene moves ahead from here when we get back to some version of normal. Think of all the artists/ musicians out there who haven’t been able to tour in a year. Nothing but time to practice and write new material. Should be an explosion of new creativity in music venues around the world when live music starts happening in large numbers again.

7 Likes

Welcome aboard @Ludders,
You have come to the right place, you will see big improvements in no time with Josh’s B2B course, it keeps you motivated to push through to the next module, and you see improvement really quickly.
Enjoy the ride,
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

5 Likes

Welcome @Ludders

4 Likes

@DaveT
My 8 year-old daughter recently started taking violin lessons (she picked the violin, even after I said she could get a bass guitar and learn with me). She said she wants to learn the violin so we can play our instruments together. Not exactly sure what we’ll play, but I think we’ll figure it out when we get to that point.

7 Likes

Welcome to the community @Ludders!

3 Likes

Welcome @Ludders

3 Likes

Hi Everyone, very cool forum you have here.

My name is FletchMan, and I am a budding bass player. There - I feel better already.

Actually, I’m in my 50’s and have been playing off and on since I was in my late teens, but I never learned much theory or technique. I ran across Josh on youtube and really liked his teaching style, so here I am.

In one of his lessons on YT he mentions something about the bassbot being so mechanical, and yet as a bass player, we need to more into the melody. That resonated with me and made me curious. Then I found out about lessons and community.

Thanks you Josh for putting all this together. You have a gift for teaching this stuff.

I get good vibes from the community here. My first bass was a Gibson, long scale Thunderbird that I played through college. That was a hard bass to play for a beginner, and it had never been setup. After college I got more into 6 string acoustic and used to help with rhythm during worship in a teen ministry called Young Life. After that, in the 90’s as the church worship changed to contemporary, I was asked to play bass for our praise team. I’ve done that off and on through the years, more to serve a greater cause.

But in actuality, playing bass really fills me up and really dig the sound of the bass. But I need to improve. I always wanted to improve, but just never found the right teacher or instruction.

I think this series will definitely fill quiet a few voids in my skill set. I have a 4 string and 5 string that I play now, and will do a post on them sometime.

So, here I am - a budding bass player. Yep - I feel better already.

Thanks Again and Best Regards to All,
FletchMan

PS - Josh, I trained for 3 years in Jeet Kune Do, Kali and Kenpo. We moved away from that dojo several years ago and I really miss it. But, I totally understand what you mean about your awareness and balance. Actually, I think with martial arts, and especially Jeet Kune Do and Wing Chung, there is a greater awareness of energy and how to channel it… Which gets more into our physical, mental and spiritual awareness… It seems music does this too, but in a much different way. Interesting parallel. It is good to here.

12 Likes

Welcome aboard @FletchMan,
Enjoy the ride,
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Welcome @FletchMan

5 Likes