Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

Thanks… yes I am. Technique and consistency…

5 Likes

indeed, im excited to be able to do like everything on the bass

6 Likes

Thank you sir
Dookie definitely is an amazing album, perfect album to show someone who is bass-deaf lmao

6 Likes

Welcome aboard @BMoore,
Enjoy the ride,
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Well @Sam_Robin,
If you work through this course you will be well on your way.
Good luck and we will all be looking forward to hearing some of you covers in the future :sunglasses:
Cheers Brian

6 Likes

i plan on posting my red hot chili peppers cover and twenty one pilots cover once i figure out how :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

If you need help, there are plenty of people here who can guide you through the process.
What type of computer are you running?

5 Likes

uh… im on an old Fujitsu computer

4 Likes

i have covers recorded and on my computer, ive posted them to insta but im new here so idk wat im doing

4 Likes

Howard @howard, Pam @PamPurrs or Laurent @terb would probably be able to work you through that👍
I use Apple, garageband software, and photo booth to record my covers, then complete the mix in iMovie
You will need a DAI- digital audio interface to plug your bass into, there are many different ones available, I use a Presonus C24.
I’m sure your Dad will be able to help you google some of this stuff, you can also have a look at YouTube for some ideas.
This then plugs into your computer and into the program your using on your computer, it called a DAW -digital audio workstation.
This is where you can do the mixing of your bass track to run parallel to the original audio track (song)
Some use phones to video themselves playing.
Let me know if you want some further assistance, and if I can help that would be great👍
Cheers Brian

6 Likes

If you have covers already recorded platforms like Soundcloud, YouTube etc will probably block them due to copyright.
Vimeo is one platform you may be able to upload to👍
If you want you can get in touch with @Lanny , Bill and see about getting onto the webpage that some of us post our stuff on.
If you go to this link you can fill out an application on the website https://bilgerats.billlanahan.com/2020/10/08/lasted-so-long/
Cheers Brian

6 Likes

thank you, i will do something about it tomorrow
ive had a terribly full stressing day and didnt sleep last night so im exhausted
ima head off but ill try and remember this hah

6 Likes

Someone who gets me.

4 Likes

Hi Josh and friends,

Very excited to get going here! Just finished the first module and love the setup, the teacher, everything. Got my first bass a few weeks ago, a Sterling StingRay Ray4HH followed by a Fender amp.
I’m a landscape architecture professor here in Pennsylvania. My wife and I have 3 great kids who all played bass clef instruments (cello and trombone), and now it’s finally my turn.
I’m 61. I like tai chi, adventure motorcycles, native plants, and birds.
A relevant claim to fame: my very first design commission as a college student in my hometown Toronto was for a very nice young man. I designed a garden around his pool, over which a glass-enclosed studio loomed. It took me a few weeks to realize he was Alex Zivojinovich - Alex Lifeson! I’d seen Rush in concert, but didn’t make connection. Love Geddy’s playing, and miss Neil.
Anyways, glad to be on board, finally.
Ken

15 Likes

Welcome @krt1

4 Likes

Welcome @krt1

5 Likes

Welcome aboard @krt1,
Enjoy the ride,
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Welcome to the community @krt1!

3 Likes

Welcome @krt1, fun Lifeson story. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Welcome @krt1!

I’m going through the course now as well - what part of PA are you from? I’m in the Phila 'burbs…

Good luck and enjoy the ride…

6 Likes