Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

Thank you for the warm welcome!! Glad to see more women playing bass :guitar:

11 Likes

Ditto

10 Likes

Hiya, I’m Lyle from the U.S., but I’m living in Germany. I’m about half-way through the course, and Josh has kept me busy and somewhat sane during the pandemic!

Great to see you guys

12 Likes

Welcome to the community @shotten99!

5 Likes

Glad you are here @shotten99!

6 Likes

@shotten99

Welcome to the community.
Enjoy.

6 Likes

HI and welcome @shotten99 Have fun with the course!

5 Likes

Welcome @shotten99

5 Likes

Welcome @shotten99 @bofhgirl @kwidge @rachellelynn0531 @brian.webb6 @RuknRole @Ren

7 Likes

Welcome @shotten99.
I am born and live in the US, but due to some life circumstances, I sure wish I was living in Germany, or anywhere other then the US right now :wink:

5 Likes

Welcome aboard @shotten99,
Enjoy the ride,
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Welcome @shotten99

4 Likes

Hi. All good, but I would suggest avoiding headphone use for practice as often as you can. I realize the benefits for the rest of the household, but eventually you will chew into your ears and tinnitus is really no fun, at all. Bass your world! :sunglasses:

9 Likes

Welcome!

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum @Birchgroover
Enjoy the journey

5 Likes

Glad you are here @Birchgroover

Welcome

5 Likes

Welcome @Birchgroover

5 Likes

Greetings Everyone!

My name is Chris from South Jersey. I am 53 years old and recently my wife and I became empty nester’s. I suddenly have time to take on a new hobby and really learn how to play the bass. I have been noodling with the bass for years. I have even taken some lessons, but life always seemed to sidetrack this endeavor.

I ran across Josh’s videos on YouTube and really liked his style and humor so I decided to sign up for the B2B course. I started about a week or so ago and have learned so much in a short period of time. I am really glad I joined the course.

I have just reached Module 4, lesson 6 (Billie Jean). All those years of noodling have created some really bad habits that revealed themselves in this module. I am pushing through and taking the advice of others on this forum, and moving on. I will circle back now and again to see how I am doing. Figure I can use this as a benchmark.

Thank you all for all of your questions and answers in this forum. I am really learning a lot from all of you.

12 Likes

Welcome.
Yeah, we have threads on Billie Jean. There is no shame in taking that one slow, actually, it is highly advisable.
I recently found my new Billie Jean, and have since added it to my practice routine. It is a simple song really, but the string crossing and off beat notes make it a little tricky to play.
I think no matter what, how good you are, or how long you have been playing, if you keep trying to learn more and challenge yourself, you will always run into another Billie Jean.

6 Likes

Welcome @Birchgroover and @JerseyJive

4 Likes