Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

Since I’ve posted elsewhere I might as well introduce myself :slight_smile: I’m a middle-aged latecomer to musicianship. I’ve been playing guitar for about 4 years and decided to dip my foot into bassy waters a few months ago. I’ve got a Squier Classic Vibe P Bass (just love that fat tone) and I’m about halfway through the B2B course, and really enjoying it. Trying to be REALLY disciplined with learning the alternate plucking, which is going OK, but it’s frustrating to try a riff I could easily play with a pick on guitar (and probably fairly easily with a pick on bass) and get a bit tangled up with the right hand. But I will persist! (I haven’t even tried a pick on the bass, even though I know it’s a perfectly valid technique and tone.) Hello all!

15 Likes

Welcome @pete_b

4 Likes

Welcome aboard @pete_b ,
Enjoy the ride,
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Glad you are here @pete_b

5 Likes

Welcome @pete_b !

4 Likes

Well after busting my left shoulder a couple of months ago when coming off my bike I can finally hold my bass again and it’s great to be back. I hope you are all well :+1:

17 Likes

Glad you are back at it! Recovery is a longer road the older we get.

6 Likes

Wlecome @pete_b

5 Likes

Its all good the forum tour is welcome. I may look into the new rocksmith looks like fun.

4 Likes

Guess it’s time!

I’ve been playing music for longer than I can remember. I started with trumpet in elementary school (which is why I can read treble clef so much better than bass clef right now), then noodled around on piano in middle school until I took lessons, finally, in college (where I briefly pursued a degree in music, but swiched to compuers). I’ve also dabbled in guitar, even took some basc lessons.

Basically, I like playing all sorts of things, because mostly I like to write music, so I like to have some familiarity with lots of instruments. And now I’m learning bass!

But I’m actually really clicking in with bass, more than I did with anything else other than maybe piano. Between this course and Rocksmith I’m doing great!

15 Likes

Welcome aboard, @xalpha

Cheers
Joe

5 Likes

Welcome to the Bass Clef and to the forum @xalpha

5 Likes

Welcome @xalpha !

5 Likes

Glad you are here @xalpha

6 Likes

welcome aboard @xalpha

5 Likes

Welcome @xalpha

4 Likes

Hi Everyone,

I’m an artist/designer/teacher and started playing the bass :guitar: on June 3 2021 after my drummer :drum: husband and :guitar: guitarist son asked me to be a bassist so we could form a family band, lol. AKA - I get to be the Bootsy! :star_struck:

The only musical experience I had prior to signing up for BassBuzz was 2yrs of piano :musical_keyboard: back when I was 5-6yrs old. Well, that and a lifetime of listening to music.

After shopping around for a cheap but decent used bass, I found a cute blue Squire p-bass and have been using that to practice and :spaghetti: noodle around. Our “band” has already jammed a few times and we’re having a blast. :rocket: (plug for Session Cakes, BTW, they’re freaking rad).

Big thank you Josh and the Bass Buzz team for creating a truly delightful User Experience!! :desktop_computer: (I work in UI/UX so I speaketh the trutheth!)

~Sue Jenkins

20 Likes

Welcome @Sue and best wishes to you and your family band. You should have loads of fun learning bass and playing with hubby and son.

6 Likes

Welcome @Sue, glad you are here!

Pretty soon you will need one of these…

12 Likes

Thanks for the welcome @PamPurrs !

6 Likes