Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

Welcome @craig.lox I’m glad you found the BassBuzz!

6 Likes

Welcome @craig.lox
Good to hear you’re doing the B2B course. It’s definitely a big boost to help you on your bass journey

6 Likes

Welcome @craig.lox
I’m going through the B2B right now myself and am still early on (just started module 2). I set everything aside for a while after I got the course because I was building my own P-Bass. Once I got that done, I jumped right into the lessons…now I’m doing the lessons on the P-Bass AND my new Steinberger Spirit XT-2.

7 Likes

Thanks for the welcome. I’m already in awe of how much I’ve learned and how much understanding standing I have of theory. I still have so much to learn, it’s a bit intimidating at times. But then I look back and see how far I’ve come and I find the motivation to keep going.

@athosmr2003 That’s so cool that you built your own bass!

9 Likes

It was a blast, although I did have to take it to a shop…I had a couple wires backward and the truss rod needed some serious adjusting. I’m getting ready to build a J-Bass next.

5 Likes

9 Likes

Welcome aboard @craig.lox ,
It’s a great course,
Enjoy the ride,
Cheers Brian

6 Likes

Welcome @craig.lox, glad you finally started playing, and are enjoying the lessons.

5 Likes

Welcome to the community @drjkling , @jeff7 , & @craig.lox !

6 Likes

Thank you! That was super helpful to hear. My son has one of those synth pedals so I totally understand what you are saying. I just got an octave, a looper, and a chorus and OMG this is so much fun!!!

5 Likes

Yay! Good self care @kylejscott
I’m only 3 weeks in and its amazing!

6 Likes

you are going to need a shovel to make the rabbit hole bigger! Go YOU!

6 Likes

Hi the names David and im 16 and picked up the bass since new years. I chose bass guitar over electric because my “taste of music” (in quotes because its very wide) is prominent in unique bass playing that leave no room for a guitar to roar with chords. Best example I would say is Post requisite by Flying Lotus, that song is the sole reason I wanted to learn bass, it amazes me still as if its my first ever time listening to it. Maybe one day ill even transcribe it if i ever get that good of an ear. Anyways yeah I know im 6 months late to join BtB as i probably know a lot of the stuff anyways, its just before hand you know I was just a broke teenager but it’ll never hurt to reinforce this information as I pass through the summer. Ill be joining my schools Jazz band next year as its bassists and wonder how fun itll be, the concept of it seems nicer than normal band since its a smaller group which I hope means everyone is closer to each other. I do plan on getting guitar soon though but I’ll always primarily identify myself as a bassist first cause thats the correct road to go down in life :stuck_out_tongue:
Other stuff about not about bass
I own an AKAI mpk249 (keyboard) I have no idea where to begin learning how to use it lmao
Favorite show ever is Invader zim
I have a plushie collection
favorite musician is Flying Lotus
Just started a vinyl collection, my only one right now is Donuts by J Dilla

14 Likes

Welcome @Variableface

2 Likes

Welcome aboard @Variableface ,
Enjoy the ride,
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Never too late @Variableface ! Welcome to the community!

4 Likes

Welcome @Variableface
Glad you are here

4 Likes

I’m late to this but that’s awesome that you are going to play with your family! My sister is learning guitar while I learn bass, although she isn’t taking courses like this but rather dabbling with chords from her favorite songs. From the looks of it she’s a pretty fast learner so I think she’d benefit from a flexible course like this one but for guitar, of course.

6 Likes

Welcome @Variableface !

4 Likes

Welcome @Variableface

4 Likes