Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

Likely not. The circuit is usually switched on by plugging in an instrument cable. Take the jack out, and you’ll be golden.

6 Likes

Welcome @jgannone
The switch is most likely to switch between pickups… not sure but that’s my guess.

The only way to keep the battery from draining is to unplug it when not in use. The presence of that 1/4 jack automatically turns the bass on.

6 Likes

Glad you are here @jgannone

5 Likes

No, @jgannone . . . as other have pointed out, what turns the active bass “on” is the 1/4" instrument cable when it’s plugged into your bass. Unplug when done and you’re all set.

It may be that your bass is an active/passive one . . . so the little switch may flip from active to passive modes.

Either way, unplugging the cable when not in use will help with battery life . . . :slight_smile:

Cheers
Joe

7 Likes

Welcome aboard @cobaltblue13 ,
Enjoy the ride,
Cheers Brian

6 Likes

Welcome aboard @jgannone ,
Enjoy the ride,
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Hello and welcome @jgannone . Very nice to meet you.

6 Likes

Welcome @cobaltblue13 and @jgannone

5 Likes

Hello, and welcome! =3. I always wondered why some of them seemed to have switches for o.o

5 Likes

Welcome @jgannone !

5 Likes

The trial is the YouTube videos. That way you can see Josh’s teaching style and decide if it’s right for you.

There is no specific trial program but Josh does offer a money back guarantee. Others have tried it and Josh will absolutely refund you money if you don’t think BassBuzz is for you.

As for myself, I consider BassBuzz the best money I’ve ever spent on music. It is, hands down, the best beginner bass program I’ve ever found.

The only complaint I’ve ever heard is that people want more of what Josh does. I’m being serious. This isn’t hyperbole.

Also, I’m just a student, like you, I dont get anything for saying this.

Welcome to the BassBuzz forum.

12 Likes

I’ll be the first of many to second @eric.kiser opinion of B2B.
I’ve tried a couple of other courses ( fender play and SBL) but nothing compares to Josh’s teaching methods.
Can’t speak highly enough of B2B

5 Likes

I agree with the previous comments, nothing comes close to this course if you want to learn a musical instrument.
I have completed the course as a student and have no allegiance to anyone.
I would recommend it to anyone,
Good luck,
Cheers Brian

6 Likes

Ah yea I tried both…and I tried to cancel SBL or whatever it’s called early and they just booted me completely while I was still in my trial! :/. Not trying to bad mouth him but…that was kinda rude! XD

6 Likes

Yeah, they do that.
It’s surprising and almost funny.

On the flipside, if you wanted another 2 week free trial they’d oblige.

6 Likes

Lol yea right?. I just wanted to like…cancel because I ‘thought’ I would still get my remainder…nope!…XD. oh well…it happened for a reason most likely! ;3

5 Likes

I wasn’t so sure at first…XD

3 Likes

Greetings all, I’ve been making steady progress through B2B (although I’m stuck on slap right now) and lurking the forums so I thought I’d take a moment to say hi.
I’m based in London and bought a bass on a whim during lockdown. I’ve surprised myself by a) sticking with it and b) really enjoying it, mostly thanks to Josh’s excellent teaching. I worried I’d be too old to learn at mid 40’s but it’s good to see there are lots of other mature newbies on here. I now have a new ambition in life too - beat Billie Jean.

14 Likes

Welcome!

5 Likes

I’m in the same boat as you. Welcome.

4 Likes