Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

Hello and welcome to B2B @Snoopy, @Paula_C, @Jay_LSS, @jkhairulfitri, @Whylee, @Sgmbass, @markgriffiths125 and @Deidheid. Big hi to @robbaus and @lissajaine because I miss Aus.

Sure you will get a lot out of the course and even more from the forums. All the best.

7 Likes

Aloha, @Jay_LSS ! Welcome aboard!

5 Likes

I am part Aussie – dual citizen and spent the last 25 years around Sydney and the South Coast of NSW. I really miss it too.

8 Likes

Welcome - :australia: here too!

6 Likes

I’m not even part Aussie. Just lived there in the early 2000’s out near Perth (I did spend some time in NSW too) and of all the places I have lived, Aus will always be a favorite. The Big Day Out festivals were always a wild ride.

6 Likes

Thank you Rob! :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Welcome Aboard @lissajaine ,
Enjoy the ride,
Nice to have another Aussie on the forum,
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Got family Down Under :australia:

We keep close, and I spent a month with them in Brisbane, Sydney and Canberra. I was actually interviewing with a university in Qld in Feb. of 2020, and then world went all to shit. By the time this is all over, I’ll probably will be too old to apply. Ah well, such is life.

6 Likes

Hi,
this is my very first post on this forum and I’m happy to be able meet others, also having fun in learning how to play bass like a badass :slight_smile:

My name is Alex, I’m 52 years old and I live in the rhine-main-region, germany close to Frankfurt. I’m noddeling around since 3 decades, but didnt got any lessons up to now. I started many years with playing piano and keyboards and had professional trainings, my parents paid for. But it didnt made fun. So I stopped that after a few years. But it already gave me the feeling for tunes and notes. I also was singing in a choir in the bass voice. That always made tons of fun, even if it is not the main melody voice.

Well - in 1988 I was getting a fan of the scottish band Simple Minds and that was also the starting point in buying my very first bass guitar. I also like to hear to Cock Robin, because his music has great basslines.

A while ago I found BassBuzz on YouTube and there were a few reasons, why I wanted to buy me the B2B training:

1. Josh is funny and the videos are fun to see as well. As mentioned before, the piano lessons didnt made fun. So I lost my interest in it

2. I saw many in technics, I always was interested in, but didnt knew before. I bought one or two books, how to learn playing bass. But - well - it is again just theory with any fun.

So thanks for being able to introduce myself a little and keep in touch in this forum.

Greetings
Alex

13 Likes

I was 52 when I got here mate. There’s always hope :+1:

5 Likes

Welcome @Alex_G

5 Likes

Glad you are here @Alex_G
Enjoy the course.
Been to your part of Germany many times, very beautiful there.

7 Likes

Welcome @Alex_G

5 Likes

Welcome @Alex_G !

5 Likes

Hi @Alex_G
looks we Germans are going to outnumber the Aussies :slight_smile: Just kidding, we are just three now… Nice you joined the course and the forum! With 52 you are one of the youngsters here!
Josh is a d*** good teacher, you’ll learn a lot and its fun to do the lessons!

6 Likes

At 48, I must be a baby.

9 Likes

Here is the distribution, you are all in the ‘sweet-spot’ aka mid-life crisis

7 Likes

I guess that puts me in the ‘stale, moldy, and ready to toss in the rubbish-spot’ :rofl:

4 Likes

no no, sweet spot for midlife crisis.
You are in the wise, sage, kickin’ all of our younger asses and showing us who is BOSS spot.

8 Likes

^^ truth

4 Likes