Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

Sounds like a challenge Pete! People have come up with new “Lo” greetings :smile:

2 Likes

Based on what I was looking for and what and how I wanted to play, the owner of the local music store I go to suggested this particular bass. I am very happy with it! I really like the sound.

1 Like

HA yes. Always hankering for a new ES game, or even just an Oblivion remake. :nerd_face:

aLOha @Lo, welcome to the forum and the course!

5 Likes

I tried changing my username to just Lo, but it said my name was too short. So I just added a “1”.

2 Likes

If you are a true Elder Scrolls geek…you may want to check out Elderscrolls online. Great MMO…been playing since closed beta testing. Although not as much any more being as a certain bass teacher has my attention :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Also ES6 coming out “soon” too. It’s been too long since Skyrim :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hello My name is kenneth hennesy and I am from rockford Il
I am a new student to the course
Think this course will be cool to complete

9 Likes

Hello Kenneth! Welcome to BassBuzz!

The course is great and you won’t find a more supportive community anywhere. If you have any questions at all, don’t hesitate to ask. There is always someone here that either has the answer or can find it.

4 Likes

Welcome aboard, @hennesykenneth!

Good luck in the course . . . :slight_smile:

All best, Joe

2 Likes

Was Low taken? Maybe a re-spelling of your own name is in order :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Welcome Kenneth.

2 Likes

Welcome to the community Kenneth!

2 Likes

Welcome Kenneth! This course will give you a VERY good foundation that you can build on for YEARS to come!

2 Likes

I fit in the retired guitarist, returning to music as bassist. I started at 8 yrs old on guitar and played lead guitar in rock/pop bands up until turning 40 in 2010. I tried several times to return to playing guitar in the last 10 years, but I’m just done with guitar after playing it forever.
Bought a Schecter Diamond series 5 string, Ampeg 2x10 450W amp, then my current fav - Ibanez SR870 4 string. In addition to BassBuzz, I also picked up a music teacher helping me to explore other genres I would have never had any interest as a guitar player.
I go from Sinatra, to Green Day to Elton John to The Supremes, CCR, Katie Perry,to Metallica. I love that with bass, I can play along with just about any song as almost every song in the world has bass!! Finding a good tone on bass is far simpler than guitar tone.
I’m at the point I can play technical songs like Hysteria by Muse, but I’m also content thumping along with Sinatra and improvising a unique bass line on each pass of Fly me to the Moon.
Need to finish up my BassBuzz lesson, but I get too distracted playing along with songs for hours at a time. In Module 8 at the moment.

Funny thing- dogs used to scatter when I played rock guitar. When I play bass (not too loud), they actually come into the room to listen!

Thanks for reading.

9 Likes

Welcome @garyfinfrock! Wow that is quite a long time to be playing guitar then switch to bass. Should make your transition fairly easy and hopefully as you explore the bass more you can tell your guitar friends that bass players are more than just the dude that hangs out in the back and plays a few notes while looking cool (joking!!)

It must be fascinating to REALLY see how much Bass can accentuate guitar… someone just posted this by Victor Wooten and MAN what a great bass player…and he really hits it home with how much a GOOD bass player can make a guitar player go from sounding good to AWESOME.

3 Likes

@garyfinfrock Welcome to the BassBuzz forums!

Maybe when you get a time you can tell us about some of you gigs on this thread…
The Gigs! The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.

Heck yeah, that’s the bass I use, completely love it! Welcome to the forums!!

1 Like

Welcome @garyfinfrock. I love a nice long introduction with a real insight into the person. With so much experience but a new perspective I can’t wait to see you posting in Post your covers!

Also, welcome to the Dark Side: where everything is cooler!

2 Likes

Welcome @garyfinfrock!

1 Like

@PeteP I ended up purchasing the course on Friday and it’s amazing! @JoshFossgreen is a top notch teacher and his course syllabus is structured perfectly. (seriously, well done Josh). I’m so glad I purchased the course.

6 Likes