Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

Hi Willie,

We’re all in the same generation it seems!

Stay Tuned,
Jim

1 Like

Leuk en welkom, Patricia.
How’s the course going, to switch in English instead of Dutch :slight_smile: ?
Regards, Remco

2 Likes

Hello to everyone, I’m Tom from Italy!
In those bad times I started playing bass so… quarantine days could become good times!

Have a good week!

5 Likes

Welcome @Pal_Zero!

1 Like

Thank you @JerryP!

2 Likes

Welcome @Pal_Zero. Great that you’re doing some interesting stuff in these uninteresting lockdown🙂

2 Likes

Hi everyone. I’m Trev and I joined the course yesterday. I have no prior playing experience except that in my dreams I’m one heck of a pro bass player🙂. I’ve been wanting to play this instrument for more than 30 years but never got to it cos life just keeps happening. I moved my family from Nigeria to Canada 5 years ago because of security threat. Things are a bit okay now and i finally got a bass guitar and a practice amp last year.
Started learning from books and youtube videos but it took a few weeks for me to get discouraged. Many of the guys on YouTube just assume you know everything already​:rage::rage::rage:. I stumbled on Josh 2 days ago when i was trying to learn my notes again and was really excited to be able to play along with him at the end of the video. That’s when i knew for the first time that my dreams can actually come true.
I’m midway module 2 and it’s been a very refreshing ride. I’m earnestly looking forward to the day I’d be able to play my dream song “Lift Him Up” by Ron Kenoly. Yeah, I want to slap those strings in a badaxx style!

5 Likes

Welcome aboard, @Trev1 . . . :slight_smile:

We’re glad to have you here with us!

Good luck in the course, and all best, Joe

2 Likes

Welcome to the community @Trev1!

2 Likes

Thanks @Jazzbass19

2 Likes

Thanks @JerryP

2 Likes

Hi everyone,
I’m Chris from Luxembourg and I took hold of the opportunity of the lock-down I’m in to finally pick up playing a music instrument. I somehow decided for bass guitar and I’m enjoying myself so far. Hopefully I’ll be able to jam with my musician friends soon enough.
Time for my next lesson =)

6 Likes

I belong to a uke group that I hope to enhance. Also, I want to just play solo melodies for personal satisfaction. Then, who knows?

2 Likes

Welcome, @Krescht . . . :slight_smile:

Glad you’re taking advantage of the lockdown and putting it to good use!

Cheers, Joe

2 Likes

Welcome to the community @Krescht!

3 Likes

Who said I was old? I don’t recall saying that.
Where did you get the idea that I started at 60? I never said that either.
I started at 63 as far as I know. Definitely beyond 60 whenever it was.

2 Likes

Welcome @Trev1 Glad you’re safe! I’ve been cranking along doing two days worth each day of the thirty day schedule.

Stay Tuned,
Jim

2 Likes

Awesome speed @JPHaggerty. I still go to work everyday so I may not be able to maintain the fast schedule. But I plan to be putting in at least 30 mins daily. Can’t wait to be jamming :slightly_smiling_face: those 50 songs.

1 Like

Welcome @jphaggerty. You’ll really enjoy the course.
I got married in Palm Springs. So did my spouse.
We rode there from Phoenix on our bike. Lovely place…

2 Likes

I haven’t been minding the “Introduce Yourself” thread for awhile, and just noticed a passel of new members who have posted. Sorry I didn’t greet each of you individually, but I now greet the lot of you collectively. Welcome!

4 Likes