Introduce Yourself! (2023)

Welcome, @Gloucestre. Glad you’re here. Enjoy the lessons!

6 Likes

Welcome @Gloucestre ! Really glad you are here!

6 Likes

Thanks for the welcome everyone.
I tend to customise everything I own so I might up something about that too :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Hello all!

My name is David and I’ve recently decided to start learning bass (again).
When I was young and restless (~16) I bought a cheap Hoyer(?) bass guitar and a Ashdown Fife Fifteen amplifier that cost more than the guitar. I started learning tabs to be able to produce something that sounds like a song and got a teacher because, that’s what you’re supposed to do to learn an instrument right? Or at least I thought that made sense.

Due my impatient…phase…let’s call it that. I quickly lost interest and don’t even get me started on how boring music theory was for me BUT now I’m older (and hopefully also a little wiser) and I really want to make work of it.

Some time, not too long ago I helped a guitar store by building them a website and they paid me in bass. I got this beauty, a Warwick Teambuilt Pro Series Streamer cv 4-string Burgundy Red Transparent Satin

Sad to say it stood for a while doing nothing but NO MORE!
A few weeks ago I decided to pick it up and just start training my fingers by doing exercises and learning some theory. When I was a bit more proficient I would find another teacher.
But what I discovered is that my training days were really random and I wasn’t sure if I was doing it the right way or focusing on the right things. I needed to come up with some training plan/schedule.

Which brings me to here.
I’ve learned a lot from Josh’s videos and I enjoy the way he talks about learning bass. I’ve also learned that there are a few plans you can follow to grow into a badass so 1 + 1 = me getting the online lessons. :slight_smile: Happy to be here and hope to learn a lot!

My current gear is the bass mentioned above, the Ashdown Five Fifteen amplifier 100w, the Vox amplug 2 and some old over the ears Sennheiser headphones that seem to be able to carry the bass.

Goals:

• Well the first step is obvious, become a badass.
  • Get connected to a PC and start creating great sounds (and maybe even a song or 2)
  • Find a group to jam with and maybe even perform
16 Likes

Welcome @Silverboarder

8 Likes

Great to have you here @Silverboarder

If you need some guidance on recording yourself - we have this for all to use…

7 Likes

Welcome to the group @Silverboarder, glad you joined us.

9 Likes

That’s amazing, thank you. I will be checking that out!

8 Likes

Welcome @Silverboarder

8 Likes

Welcome, @Silverboarder. Glad you’re here. Sounds like you’ve got a great rig. Enjoy the lessons!

8 Likes

That might be the highest-end “beginner bass” we’ve ever seen around here! Welcome, glad to have you here.

9 Likes

Welcome @Silverboarder
Have fun!

9 Likes

Welcome @Silverboarder ! Really glad you are here!

6 Likes

Welcome to the community @Silverboarder !

7 Likes

Warwick & Ashdown… Thats my kind of rig! :grinning:

Welcome David.

8 Likes

Welcome Aboard @Silverboarder @Gloucestre and All

7 Likes

Welcome @Silverboarder & @Gloucestre enjoy your journey

7 Likes

Hey Everyone, my name is Jesse. Most people call me Big Jes, most likely due more to my big mouth/personality than any other trait necessarily. I played a little in my 20’s, I’d say I was the worst bass player that no one ever noticed exactly how below average I was… I definitely benefited from everyone else playing super loud and knowing the Metallica songs so well that I knew when to hit notes more so than which one to hit (Thank you bass tab for helping me come close, hahahaha). Just turned 52 and started refurbishing a pawn shop find as a fun project and now I’ve got the fever all over again. Loving the lessons, can’t praise the course enough. Just passed half way. Loving the journey!

14 Likes

Currently I have an Epi Thunderbird, Ibanez Tallman, Gretsch G2220, Squier Affinity Jazz and a Pitbull SG kit

7 Likes

Hope u have a blast. Welcome @bigjes

7 Likes