Introduce Yourself! (2023)

Hey @Eddie !!! Welcome in! It’s great to have you here. Sorry we missed you on the Zoom, it was the first time doing it with a new setup and the join rules were a little different. I think some other folks already explained the process so I won’t repeat it here.

Glad to hear you are enjoying your Jazz Bass, if you get a chance - drop a picture in the Show us your Bass thread!

Hope you enjoy your time here.

7 Likes

Welcome @helenon1 So glad you enjoying the bass journey! It’s great to have you with us in the forums as well. Enjoy your stay!

6 Likes

Welcome to All

6 Likes

Hey @Tony216 ! Welcome in! That dream bass is a real looker man! I highly recommend the Bass Buzz course. I was waffling about it for a couple weeks but once I dropped the cash and got into the content - I found it to be well worth the money in learning and entertainment! Josh is a pretty charismatic dude!

8 Likes

Hey @jene !!! Welcome in!

It’s great to have you here. I’m also in the ATL area! Tell us more about yourself! What kind of bass are you playing? How are you liking the course so far? :smiley:

Hope you enjoy your stay here.

7 Likes

@cheeze_pizza, I started the Beginner to Bad Ass course last night. So far, it’s great. I’m currently on the eighth notes part and the way it’s going is really beneficial for me. Trying to learn to read music again, looking at tabs and doing measure after measure of eighth notes wasn’t working for me. I like the way Josh presents concepts.

8 Likes

If you ever find yourself in Atlanta, let’s get together! Although I’m not nearly as far along as you, I’m in a similar boat! None of my friends in ATL play music, so it’s a scavenger hunt for jam buddies!

8 Likes

Do any play bass or guitar?

6 Likes

Hey @cheeze_pizza ! I’m from Oregon originally, lived in Nashville, TN for almost 7 years, and have now lived in Atlanta, GA for 2! Non-bass about me: I love a great hike and a great meal–hello Northern GA, would love to see more of you!–and am currently house-hunting.

My bass is unmarked actually, but the local music store believes it to be a Univox 1960-1970’s style “Beatle Bass” (AKA violin bass or Hofner-style bass). It’s hollow bodied (no sound hole though) and short-scale (or maybe mid-scale?). I love it! I am thinking of getting a full-scale bass though as my hands seem to be right on the cusp of being comfy in both. We shall see :slight_smile: Thanks for asking!

8 Likes

Bass

6 Likes

Nice!

6 Likes

Sorry I can’t talk right now, maybe later :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Not a problem, just glad to hear that the music playing goes on to new generations! :smile:

5 Likes

Hey everyone,

My name is Marjolein (but just call me Marj) and I’m a 31 yr old female from Amsterdam, The Netherlands :slight_smile:

I received my first ever bass last week and I just started learning with this course. I’ve never played an instrument before but have always wanted to play one, espcially the bass. I’ve always been drawn to it, but was always scared that I wouldn’t be good enough or it wouldn’t work out as I’ve never ever played anything before. But i’ve just entered module 2 and I’m really enjoying myself and it’s actually easier than I thought and so much fun! Huge thanks to Josh. He explains everything so well! :blush:

Hope everyone has a great start of the week and I’m looking forward to connect with you all on here :grin:

19 Likes

Welcome @Marjolein

7 Likes

Thank you!! :blush:

7 Likes

Welcome, @Marjolein. Glad you’re here. B2B is the perfect place for beginners to learn to play bass. Enjoy the lessons!

7 Likes

Welcome in @Marjolein !!! It’s great to have you here. I’m glad you are enjoying your experience with the lessons so far. When you hit Module 4, don’t let Billie Jean get you down! it’s a real challenge for everyone and many have to come back to it later on. Keep on thumping and enjoy your stay here!

7 Likes

Welcome @Marjolein !

6 Likes

Welcome @Marjolein

6 Likes