Introduce Yourself! (2023)

Great to have you here @Marjolein

6 Likes

Hi @david.addis . Thanks for the welcome. Itā€™s good to see Iā€™m not the only Bass Buzzer around here!

Thanks @cheeze_pizza . I just have to figure out how to post pictures. :confused:

7 Likes

Iā€™m going to link this post from @PamPurrs where she explained a bit of it. I hope that can help!

4 Likes

Well thatā€™s easy! Thanks again @cheeze_pizza

5 Likes

Thanks @jene ! Iā€™ll actually be in Atlanta the first week of March for a work convention. Unfortunately, I wonā€™t have my bass or much time to do anything not work related. :frowning_face:

4 Likes

Hello yā€™all Iā€™m Jessi Iā€™m 34 always loved bass always begged my mom to put me in lessons but never did always the excuse itā€™s to expensive. But my husband bought me my first bass and now he canā€™t get me off of it. Iā€™m from the state of Idaho. Born and raised.

14 Likes

Welcome to the group Jessi, glad you joined us.

7 Likes

Great to have you here @pinkBassgrl88 Jessi.
Spent a lot of time out in Idaho, itā€™s beautiful out there.

6 Likes

@pinkBassgrl88

Welcome, Jessi. Glad youā€™re here. Enjoy the lessons!

5 Likes

The Whitewater State! I go every spring for the boating. Best boating in the US :slight_smile:

10 Likes

You had more fun than me there.
I built dairies and drank heavily.

6 Likes

Welcome @Marjolein
Have fun!

7 Likes

Milk? :grin:

Welcome @pinkBassgrl88

8 Likes

Welcome @Marjolein !

6 Likes

Welcome @pinkBassgrl88 !

6 Likes

Hi, just bought the course today after watching a few of joshā€™s free vids over the last few weeks. Iā€™m a 55 yr old disabled dude stuck at home, and needed something to focus on to help with depression after losing my family this summer. I managed to pick up a bass and amp for $50, from another veteran I met at the local dispensary a couple of months ago to distract myself and have something to focus on for the future.
Last time I owned a bass back in college I didnā€™t get to lessons before I had to sell it off to help pay rent. It was a giant all natural wood peavy that I still miss to this day.
The bass I have now says Abilene on it, and with the lack of internet search results Iā€™m assuming this is a super generic knock off of something real. Iā€™ll post a pic if it lets me as I would love to get feedback and see what you guys think of it.
I added some GLS cables from amazon along with a Kliq distortion pedal; gotta get loud and wild to get that adrenaline pumping! :smile:
Next piece Iā€™m looking for is a used Fender rumble 100, hopefully around the price of a new rumble 40. The Tool sticker came preloaded at no extra cost. The bass was almost unused, and new enough there are still bits of the protective plastic ā€˜peel off layerā€™ around the knobs and thumb rest. So for the price and newish state, it sure feels like a good deal.
I plan to be a nuisance on here until I get to the badass jedi level of player, so I hope to get to know a bunch of you and find ways to share and interact on this journey. I have no skills yet, but I come preloaded with a bunch of creative ideas that I canā€™t wait to try out and hopefully find others of you on here, with ideas of collaborating on some covers or other fun gags .
(hopefully my kit picture uploads, so far itā€™s looking like a link with no image)
P.S. any shortcut nickname is fine, Lava, lem, dude, bro, whatever.

17 Likes

Welcome @LavaLemming ! Thatā€™s a fine rig to start with. I started with the 89 dollar no name Amazon model, myself. Youā€™ll get gas soon enough. Please enjoy the course and keep us updated on your progress!

6 Likes

Great to have you here @LavaLemming

6 Likes

Thank you for the welcome @autumnsdad1990 and @John_E! Canā€™t tell you how happy I am that the first response to the Abilene wasnā€™t omg lose that asap. :sweat_smile:
The commitment to learning and playing feels a lot more real after buying the course. I imagine you could find enough free instructional vids out there to last for a year or more, though I was hoping for that feeling of ok now Iā€™m invested, letā€™s make this happen.
Iā€™ll be looking for the active threads on the forum, to participate and share with you all along the way. Cheers and thank you again.

8 Likes

Thank you. I love my home but sadly we might be relocating:(

6 Likes