7 Likes

Welcome @shaiyu
Have fun!

8 Likes

Welcome @angierevans and @shaiyu

7 Likes

Welcome @shaiyu !

7 Likes

Welcome to the group @shaiyu, glad you joined us.

8 Likes

Welcome new folks to a new year and a new thread

8 Likes

Welcome to the family @angierevans and @shaiyu

6 Likes

Welcome @angierevans

5 Likes

Welcome @shaiyu

6 Likes

FYI I was 70 when I started. At 52, youā€™re still a youngster @angierevans

14 Likes

Welcome @shaiyu !

5 Likes

That is awesome. Iā€™m looking forward to it. How long have you been playing?

4 Likes

Going on 4 years.

4 Likes

Hey, Iā€™m Mo. My bass arrived five days ago so Iā€™m about as beginner as Iā€™ll ever be!

Itā€™s short for a bass because I travel a lot. Thatā€™s making the high frets hard to reach with my pinky but hey, itā€™s hard anyway when you start right? Itā€™s a bit easier when I stand so I just stand up for that stuff.

What else can I tell you? Well 20 years ago I was in a garage band, occupying the role of bassist but playing analogue synths of various kinds. Then during lockdown the band got in touch out of the blue, and we reunited remotely. These days home studios are so good we each started recording our parts for the old songs. But all my synth stuff is currently in crates, so I started using soft-synths and virtual basses etc. on my Mac. Iā€™d started reading up on basses to figure out how to make it sound convincing, and then thought damn: thisā€™d be a whole lot easier if I could actually play the instrument!

So I found a bass I like in the January sales, then found Josh and the others on YouTube. Thatā€™s when I found that my work has a budget for ā€˜passion projectsā€™: stuff not work related that you just for the joy of it. And here I am :slight_smile:

Iā€™m not 6ā€™7" so yes, itā€™s a tiny bass, but I like it. It was pretty good out of the box but when a guitar tech has given it a thorough set-up I will love it.

Nice to meet you all!

14 Likes

Welcome @mo
Have fun!
P.S. Iā€™ve also owned a few synths.

6 Likes

Welcome @moā€¦
Standing when you practice is the way to go

5 Likes

Hey welcome, most important is you have fun with it.

Also welcome @angierevans & @mo !

9 Likes

Welcome, @mo. Glad youā€™re here. Youā€™re definitely in the right place to learn with B2B. Enjoy the lessons! And your tiny bass. :wink:

6 Likes

Welcome @mo !

5 Likes

Hello everyone, first time visiting the forums.Picked up my first bass over a year ago, a five string Soundgear SR665PB. Impulse buy as after a few years of aimlessly doodling on guitar, I wanted to try bass. My local music shop had this and I fell in love with the finish and sound, although had no clue what I was doing. To make learning manageable, I grabbed a Squier Affinity PJ, a much more sensible newbie option.

Over a month ago started these courses as I was tired of aimlessly self teaching. What a difference, the wife has gone from full on cringing to only mild wincing. Even made me hang one on the wall to remind me not to slack off.

15 Likes