Introduce Yourself! (2023)

Welcome, @Rickbacker. Glad you’re here. Josh has a great article (with videos) on various beginner basses. At this point, check that out before doing, or buying, anything. Enjoy!

https://www.bassbuzz.com/gear/beginner-basses

6 Likes

Welcome @DLiqacy and @Rickbacker !

6 Likes

Welcome@diqacy!

6 Likes

Welcome @Rickbacker !

6 Likes

Welcome to all the New peoples, Been on a break, back now lots of catching up.

9 Likes

Welcome @Rickbacker

6 Likes

Welcome @Rickbacker
Have fun!

7 Likes

Love your feels, and the name of your bass. Welcome and can’t wait to see you around!

7 Likes

Hey there, Steve :hugs:

7 Likes

Hey there, CC :hugs:

6 Likes

Good to see you back @papkerry

7 Likes

Welcome in @DLiqacy !! It’s great to have you here.

I also enjoy Japanese City Pop. :smiley:
Luna is a cool name for a bass, any Sailor Moon inspo there?
Post a pic of your bass if you like!

Enjoy your stay.

6 Likes

Welcome in @Rickbacker !! It’s great to have you here. Hope you can find the bass that sings to you.

6 Likes

Great to have you here @DLiqacy

7 Likes

Great to have you here @Rickbacker

7 Likes

Welcome to all new citizens of the subterranean abyss

8 Likes

Hey @cheeze_pizza

thank you :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, I haven’t watched Sailor Moon yet, but it’s on my To-Do-List for Anime. I was more growing up with Detective Conan and Digimon.
Just randomly got to Japanese City Pop when I was listening to “Airport Lady” by Toshiki Kadomatsu. This piece is soo damn hard to play on a Bass Guitar, it seems.

Glad to listen to your Bass Plays.

All the Best

5 Likes

Gday all,
Thought I’d introduce myself.
My name is Brad (but that was taken :slight_smile: ).
I am in Brisbane, Australia and am pretty new to Bass.
I got the urge to learn Bass around this time last year and got myself one and looked at online lessons, even went to a guitar teacher who taught bass etc, but my intention has been to do the B2B course, with 2 kids, one now in high school and doing 2 instruments himself, life and expenses got in the way and I have finally been in a position to sign up for it which I did last night.
That isn’t to say I have been inactive.
I have been doing free online lessons and watching youtube videos from the usual suspects.
I have been lurking pretty heavily here and at Talkbass, even on the Ozbass forum.
And I have also developed GAS, even to the point of having a crack at a Pitbull 5 string kit over Xmas (I had my kids decorate it as they are pretty good artists and I wanted to preserve some of their “kid” art) pics to follow at a later date.
Good to finally post and say Hi to y’all.
In a past life I have played trumpet and taught myself to play a bit of fiddle, bagpipes and banjo, I can even play a didgeridoo and I am a recovering re-enactor.

15 Likes

Welcome @Gloucestre. We hàve quite a few Aussies here, and one who also plays the pipes, @TNKA36

7 Likes

Welcome to the community @Gloucestre, glad you joined us.

7 Likes