Introduce Yourself! (2023)

Welcome in @Stevo3210 !!! It’s great to have you here and I hope you enjoy your stay.

8 Likes

Hey everyone! I’m Steph - I got a cheap Silvertone bass/gear package 10 years ago bc I’ve always loved following along to bass lines in music. It moved apartment to apartment, state to state, then eventually settled in its home in my attic. The poor thing was barely touched & starved for attention. Now that I’m a parent of 2 young kids, I’m in serious need of a hobby & some me-time. About a month ago I decided to finally give this bass a try & commit to practicing everyday. I am LOVING it. I practice as much as possible whenever I can. Example - it’s Saturday at 3pm, my kids are both napping & I’m playing along to some of Josh’s beginner videos and just getting totally lost in how fun (albeit frustrating at times) this is. Makes me mad I waited til I was in my mid-30s to really start! I just wanted to join this community of like-minded people, say a quick hello & say thanks to Josh for your amazing & fun guidance

Update 5/15/23: almost done my B2B course, upgraded to a beautiful Ibanez Talman (TMB310), have my first pedal on its way (Zoom B1 Four), and still love playing every day!

21 Likes

Welcome @withthecherrytrees !

8 Likes

Thanks @JerryP! Appreciate it :grinning:

8 Likes

Great to have you here @withthecherrytrees
It’s never too late to start. Enjoy the ride and the course. Josh and it are awesome

8 Likes

Welcome @withthecherrytrees

8 Likes

Thanks so much, John!

7 Likes

Thanks Pam!

8 Likes

8 Likes

Welcome, @withthecherrytrees. Glad you’re here. Don’t fret, it’s never too late to learn. You’ve got a bass and B2B. All’s right with the world. Enjoy!

8 Likes

Welcome to the subterranean abyss @withthecherrytrees . Best forum on the webz. Lots of great people and knowledge. Great conversation can be had here.

10 Likes

You got that right, @MikeC! I’m loving it already, thanks man

7 Likes

I’m finding that already, @EddieJones! Thanks for the warm welcome :grinning:

7 Likes

Welcome @Stevo3210 !

7 Likes

Welcome @withthecherrytrees !

8 Likes

One thing different here is that for the most part, we are all in beginning phases of our bass journey. No judgements and no ugly criticism of either gear or playing ability. The bassists with a Glarry is just as welcome as the ones with the high end Fodera or Alembic. Some of us (myself) started later in life. I have thought of being the first fat, bald, pouty lipped, sweaty browed, leather vest and spandex pants clad rock star. Realistically, I am under no illusion that will truly ever happen. But, I have fun and that is what counts. Even though I haven’t met anyone here IRL, I consider all of the local denizens to be friends.

11 Likes

Yeah. People here treat each other with a lot of support and respect even if they disagree, and the “Post your covers” thread is probably the most positive online support thread I have ever seen.

11 Likes

Enjoy your journey

9 Likes

Welcome to the group @withthecherrytrees, glad you joined us.

9 Likes

Have fun!

9 Likes