Introduce Yourself! (2023)

Welcome to the group @theresag1111, glad you joined us

8 Likes

Welcome to All new members. I hope you get all you can from the course and/or this forum

10 Likes

I donā€™t think there is one for the B2B course.
Do a forum search for ā€œear trainingā€.

One of the best things, I have found for ear training, is playing with others at a jam session.
To begin just play roots and progress from there. Itā€™s not as difficult as some would have you believe but it does take time and practice. Gee where have we heard that before. :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face:
Just my opininion.YMMV

7 Likes

Welcome @theresag1111
Enjoy your journey.

7 Likes

Greetings! I donā€™t go by name much but feel free to call me Anthony till further notice (lol)
Iā€™m almost 20 and a long time artist and musician who wanted to pick up bass and violin since my youth and within the past month have become the owner of four of them that I play literally nonstop. I donā€™t think Iā€™ve left the house without at least one of them a single time since I bought my first one and through the 7 day course on YouTube, went from not knowing much of anything to learning Master of Puppets and Limits by Bad Omens in the span of a month on top of teaching myself At Dooms Gate from Doom I/Doom 2016 on my third day of the course.
Can only hope to improve vastly from here :.)

16 Likes

Welcome @Lieutax

7 Likes

Great to have you here @Lieutax

7 Likes

Welcome @Lieutax !

7 Likes

Welcome @Lieutax
Have fun!

7 Likes

Welcome to the group @Lieutax

8 Likes

Welcome @Lieutax

7 Likes

Welcome, @Lieutax. Glad youā€™re here. Enjoy the lessons!

7 Likes

Welcome @Lieutax !

7 Likes

Welcome, @Lieutax! I also went through a bunch of the BassBuzz free videos on YouTube before pulling the trigger on the B2B course last month. But Iā€™ve found it really beneficial to go through every lesson and every slow/medium/fast workout, even on the early lessons that felt easy. Josh drops a bunch of hints and observations in them that helped me catch bad habits that were already forming. In any case, welcome aboard and have fun.

10 Likes

Welcome to all of our newest family members

8 Likes

Hi Guys!! I am 23 and from British Columbia Canada. I am sooooooo stoked about this course. I got into playing bass because I am really into the local punk scene. Me and my friends joked about me learning the bass so we could start a band. Then, I was back in my hometown for the summer, working at a local bar and I made friends with one of the cooks. We would trade records and I mentioned the bass thing cause he was in 4 bands and had basically no furniture but every instrument. He lent me his acoustic bass and then when I went back to the city i go to university in, he gave me his squire jaguar bass in exchange for 4 records (he was sad I couldnā€™t give up my Pixies Doolittle record haha). He also gave me the bass on the condition that I wouldnā€™t give it up (this was august 2022). Now I am hooked and about a month ago, I decided to buy this course so I can streamline my learning. I cant say enough about how much I love it. I only played clarinet in elementary school but I desperately missed feeling like I was in the song (there was a song about fighting a dragon and I felt like I was going through the motions of fighting a dragon in that moment lol). I feel like you get to more personally experience a song when you are playing. Now I am graduating with a bachelors in political science at the end of this semester and I actually do want to join up with a local band this summer.

21 Likes

I totally know what you mean in difference in tone. I was not sure how much more I would get in comparison to the youtube vids but it is a lot

7 Likes

Welcome @olliviatherese
Have fun!

8 Likes

Thank you! I have been! I actually played until my finger bled one day so ive reached that bryan adams or whoever did summer of 69 standard lol

9 Likes

Great to have you here @olliviatherese !!

7 Likes